1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The new SRK

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I just wanted to say how cool the latest update to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.shoryuken.com>shoryuken.com</a> is. The new (and improved) colour scheme looks a tad familiar, no? ;)

2. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Yeah, thatz quite nice, "When is VFDC getting something like that" =). Hey Myke do you play any 2D?

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sure do. Currently into CvS2, but I've played practically every other capcom/arika fighter out there too except for Marvel series.

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

yes flash sites are nice for people that have good connections, but for people like myself who do not own cable/dsl/t1 etc. flash tends to take a while to load. damn its been a while since i've been to that site. when i was way into crapcom games i went there all the time. not that i dislike all crapcom games, its mostly the mvc games i dont like. cvs was tons of fun though.

5. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Ditto!! I only play capcom 2d, currently into Alpha 3 and CVS2 but there's just not enough time in the day for me to become demon at either of these titles with VF4 in my arcade!! =)

6. gaishou

heh, thats why i own a dreamcast and download the games for free and play at home. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I'm a SF3 Third Strike Purist. CVS2 still dosen't do the SNK's side justice.

8. SeriousGround

SeriousGround Member

If Capcom did the SNK characters justice no-one would play as the Capcom characters (apart from Shotokan fighters).
    Also the 'ultimate' version of Rugal is shit! Why didn't they make him like the boss version from KoF 98.

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Indeed. Omega Rugal 98. Now that was a real boss. Tough as nails but beatable if you were skilled.

CVS has just failed to capture the "hipness" of the KOF series. And of all the characters to bring over from SF3 they go and choose Yun?! Where's Sean or Alex or Urien or Ibuki etc.

And I hate that Cartoony Capcom look on the SNK characters. Blah! I'd rather they just ripped the sprites like they did for almost every Capcom character.

10. gaishou

Ohhh, SF3 third strike Makoto.......my fave....

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Makoto is a good character but she has un Godly priority in all her moves. In the hands of a pro she has an amazing ground game. I've always played against her (Sean) so I'm not really fond of her but I'll tip my hat to a good player unlike an Akuma user who I can't stand in Third Strike.

12. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Yes, their new look almost makes me stop and play CvS2 every time I see it. Then I remember getting my ass kicked by Sagat, Blanka, and Cammy teams...-_-;; ugh...

Hey Myke, when is VFDC gonna have regional rankings on the front page? It shouldn't be too hard...what with all five of us in each region.(in the US obviously) lol..."sigh"

;)

13. gaishou

imf,

if you think about it, the less competition, the better chance for recognition.....being ranked 5th out of 30 is better than being ranked 200th out of 600....../versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It looks great.
    Where the fuck's the media section?

(words that ring in myke's ears)

15. gaishou

i was actually one to play most of the snk characters in the capcom vs snk games. geese was evil. shit, i wish MORE snk games were around here. i remember when art of fighting, samurai showdown, and king of the fighters were all around.......memories. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey Myke,

You definitely have an eye for color schemes and layout design. I guess you have to learn the Flash to keep up with Inkblot. I heard the old SRK site was designed mostly by Ponder and the new one is by Inkblot. Can we have a little box of emoticons and baby-VF characters that we can add to posts with the ease of a click of a button like SRK does? I want a baby-Pai one pretty puleaze with a cherry on top!

take it EZ,
    siLE Pai =P

17. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Please, steer clear of Flash for the website. It's fine just the way it is. Personally, I agree with Jacob Nielson, Flash is 99% bad.

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Flash is generally bad; unless it's very skillfully integrated into a portion of the website (e.g. http://www.voicegenie.com/index.html ), it tends to annoy regular visitors after seeing a flash intro more than once or twice. Plus it's a lot harder to bookmark... I for one tend to bookmark TBZone's movie page directly rather than have to wade through the flash navigation.

19. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Well, we don't even know what kind of image would be on the home pg for flash yet right? But if there is an idea for an image, how 'bout giving people the choice to view or not to view flash? It's an extra page or link that may be annoying, but at least the users with low and high-bandwith as well as slow and fast computers can choose appropriately for their viewing pleasure and which page to book mark. I think the flash for SRK works for them because of the APEX concept. It's not too complex or a long drawn out flash sequence. I'm not on dialup, so I don't know how much more inconvenient it is for others to view the site. Well, in the end it's in the hands of Myke and his siLE crew.

siLE Pai

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

True, that. The shoryuken.com flash navigation is very sweet (and it's not an annoying look-at-me-I-know-how-to-use-flash-somewhat intro transition page, either =P)

P.S. Hey, I just noticed you're located in the Bay Area...? (According to your profile.) Have you ever played VF4 at Sunnyvale Golfland...?