1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The NJ VF4 Tournament is On!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by KyoukanFactor, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

i just sent u a pm about directions and stuff....
    damn...just a few more hours til this thing starts...

also, if i forgot to give anyone directions/ contact numbers or whatever, just give me a pm or email.... crazynjpinoy@earthlink.net holla back..

2. Akira_Zero

I almost forgot to add this: just a reminder, $10 to get in the tourney...

3. KyoukanFactor

KyoukanFactor Well-Known Member

He doesnt Post his address cause no offense to the Vfdc but there are a lotta freaks out there lol jk...but lemme ask...would you post your address? /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

4. KyoukanFactor

EMERGENCY!...sorry to report but the Tournament has been delayed to 7:00pm tonight Akira Zero has something terribly important to do last minute so DO not come at 3:00pm he will not be there come at 7:00pm

5. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

So doors open at 7:00... Are we going to have any time for practice matches?

Are Omaha and Shag coming? If so competition will definatley be stiff (I remember meeting both of them at March Madness)...

And what is Union like? A nice neighborhood? Sorry, my bro is out of town for the weekend, and I'm just wondering what this strange new place is like... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

heh, i can already predict the outcome, omaha jeffry (rodney) will win this tourney, i bet 5 bucks on that /versus/images/icons/grin.gif that is if he shows up. if he's going, i guess i wont go, cause i just wanted the prize money since i thought it would be easy money, but now he might show up so now i dont have a guaranteed win (50/50) /versus/images/icons/wink.gif hahaha /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

anyway,represent rodney!

7. KyoukanFactor

Well im Representing The All Mighty Kage in this tournament so im looking to go all the way ill show NO mercy and possible cheapness and annihilation of all enemy forces is expected...so you still expect such and such?

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Have a great battle! Hope to see you NJ playas at CTF at high Noon tomorrow. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif gg

9. Hyun_

Hyun_ Well-Known Member

As a fellow Kage player I hope either Omaha Jeffry or Shang clean the house.

10. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Whenever someone says cheap, they usually really mean to say effective... No reason why you wouldn't try to be your most effective during a tournament...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Well im Representing The All Mighty Kage in this tournament so im looking to go all the way ill show NO mercy and possible cheapness and annihilation of all enemy forces is expected...so you still expect such and such?

[/ QUOTE ]

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I think I'm going to pass, I have to plan for my trip on vacation tomorrow. Hope everyone has fun and record the good stuff. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

To KF: Your right, not a good idea. VF players are a rowdy bunch, we rape and pillage whole villages. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. Sudden_Death

yo, i heard there was no tournament!!! what the fuck??!!

whew, thankfully i didnt go, that would of been 20 bucks less with any profit /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

13. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Im also checking for details myself. Shang had called me to tell the status of things and he'd told me that only about 4-5 people showed up. I guess some folks couldn't make it last minute or had a change of heart. Nevertheless that still sucks.

14. KyoukanFactor

I guess some folks couldn't make it last minute or had a change of heart. Nevertheless that still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yea...we expected about ten but due to the laziness, and irrisponsibility of them they didnt respond and/or communicate with us well enough to know the situation..i can only hope that next year it will be more of a success and more competition will show up...Its fun when you have more people to beat on...heh, heh, heh /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

15. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

Too bad you guys couldn't make it. We had some pretty good matches, but SOMEONE *cough Akira_Zero cough* forgot to save the replays! You would've got a kick ouf watching Shag @$$ rape the few guys that did make it! I think I won 2 rounds against him the whole night and I DID manage to beat Rodney a couple of times! Hell yeah! Hey, Rod! Next time we meet, we gotta get some rematches! I will not rest til I beat your Sarah! I'm not even bother messin with Shag's Akira again! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Hey, I thought Shag can't make it.

Yeah, Shag's tough as they come. As I can see your village is toasted. Prophecy by Shag:

To KF: Your right, not a good idea. VF players are a rowdy bunch, we rape and pillage whole villages.

[/ QUOTE ]

17. KyoukanFactor

Wish i coulda been there /versus/images/icons/frown.gif sounds like shag wouldve been a worthy opponent...closest i can get is fightin the CPU Kyasa-O or Chibita and i whoop em both most of the time /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

18. Sudden_Death

its sha N g, not shag.

19. Akira_Zero

Yes yes I forgot. My bad. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Shang kicked all of our asses but still it was very fun. Can't wait til I face him, Omaha Jeffrey, and other people. I certainly improved my game and I mesmerized them with my Akira using a PS2 Dual Shock lol. All I need to work on is my throwing and better float combos as i've gotten reversals down pat (you'd know, SliceOfPai hehe) I just bought a joystick online and it will be in my hands in a few days. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

20. KyoukanFactor

Sorry about the Shang/Shag thing..I can only go on the information i got...plus i jes assumed due to his sn name...sorray..