1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The perils one goes through to play VF4

Discussion in 'General' started by 3of19, Feb 28, 2002.

1. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

After playing VF4 for the first time a couple of weeks back on PS2, I decided to get a Japanese one of ebay if I could find one for a decent price. I even manage to win an auction for a machine, complete with RGB scart cable, voltage converter pad and three games (MGS2, Devil May Cry and GT3) for a mere 221 Euros.
    I get it all wrapped up and the guy sends it off to me now two weeks ago.
    Then my quest for arcade sticks starts. I manage to get hold of 2 Namco PSX sticks for a really good price vie some people from a Danish forum.
    VF4 was no problem, I've had the game for almost three weeks now.
    PS2 hadn't arrived still and I was starting to get worried about having gotten ripped off, so I start to make some investigation where the parcel is. He hadn't given me the trace number until I called him today. Trace number wrong, missing a number, call the guy back, call back and forth between Danish and Switzerlandish (sp?) postal services, and I finally find out that my PS2 had been sent to Olso in Norway instead of Copenhagen, Denmark. It has been in Oslo since the 25th. Called there, but no one could tell me anything about why it still hadn't been sent to Denmark. I have to call back tomorrow...
    How unlucky can one person get? if everything works out, I should FINALLY get the thing on monday. Whee I get to play VF4 before the PAL release, yay!
    Well, at least the guy didn't rip me off (unless of course he sent 5.8 kg rocks and stones to me), he was a bit dissappointed with the price he got out of it, I was being an ebay pig and placed my bid about 30 seconds before the auction ended...

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol, the idiot shipped it to norway?? anyways great if you finally get your Jap PS2 on monday./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

No the mail sent it to Norway by accident, there was no mention of Norway on the parcel. A postal worker must have tossed it into the wrong mailbag or somthing...

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Yeah I hate ppl. that screw things up like that, anyways I always get my import games and consoles from the UK, and I use something called 'Swiss Air' it's only about $8 and you get the stuff you ordered 2 days later.

5. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

that sucks.....

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Not to be picky Chucky, but some people might take offense to the term "Jap"

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Sorry, Japanese then.