1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

THe problem with Double Palm

Discussion in 'Akira' started by FokFu, May 27, 2002.

1. FokFu

FokFu Active Member

Hi all,

I used to do double palm a lot when I first started playing with Akira. However, I've notice that if I have the tendency to do it all the time, I always get thrown by opponent after the Double palm. I've watched many Diaoh tournaments and it seems like the pros usually stick with dashing elbow /single palm/double punch etc. If I'm not mistaken, the above three are uncounterable right?, which are arguably more safe?
    What your opinion of this?

Another combo that I love is the dashing elbow followed by a modified double palm. THe problem here is, I always get hit by characters such as Kage/Aoi (a small fast pucnh...) right after the elbow. Does this means that I'm doing the modified double palm too slow? Boy...the players in Diaoh touranment always connect with this combo ...

Vincent.

2. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they're doing SDE~m-Dbpm not DE~m-Dbpm...the SDE floats on a normal hit and causes stomach crumble on MC...so if your doing the SDE and it connects then the opponents can't do anything until they get up. When the DE connects on normal hit then you only gain 2 frames meaning that nothing is guaranteed. If it connects with a MC then you float the opponent and can do m-Dbpm.

To answer your first question the SDE and Sgpm are uncounterable but put you in a disadvantage if blocked while the punch-punch string is throw counterable if blocked. So these attacks are safer then the Dbpm which is throw and punch(punches 12 frames and under) counterable if blocked.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

If the opponent gets hit by a DE. u get +2 frame advantage...... that's enough for a m-dpalm to hit if the opponent tries to punch u. m-dpalm requires 13 frame to execute. 1 frame for the modifying 12 frame for dpalm. U can beat any moves that is 11 frame and slower(that includes pai's punch,etc)