1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Reality of the Depressive State of VF

Discussion in 'General' started by Adamay, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

There is not any other FGC that suffers more than the VF players. Waiting, suffering. Suffering, waiting...Why SEGA doesn't care? Your devoted children are suffering!

feelsbadman.jpg

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I have a solution:
    Take the game to your locals and play.
    If you can't because both your legs don't work, then organise to play online here and play.

masterpo, Talchild, BLACKSTAR and 2 others like this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I remember that Aris vid. And it's nice, that he spoke about VF.
    But I don't agree with him, when he said that they should remove,
    the shaking joystick icon thing, when you get stunned etc.:p

Lygophilia likes this.
  4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    This is exactly right, I sponsor VF gatherings in my little town all the time. I've hipped a lot of new players, young and old to the game. It looks awesome on 50 inch HD and plays better than any other 3D arcade fighter out there.

I usually bring along SC and Tekken as well. And demonstrate to the haters that I know what those games are all about, and still prefer VF because its superior in every way (except for story mode:rolleyes: I show them why VF's throw escapes, evades, balance, movelists, unique characters, paper-rock-scissors scheme will let them be the fighter they always wanted to be.

Don't worry about how many ppl are playing online, or how popular VF is all you need is 2 or 3 players in your area. If you don't have them, recruit them. Teach them the game. Once they get tired of rage-art and the reverse /critical edge, they're usually hungry for something like VF:LOL:

Man I've become a VF evangelist in my area, and its all about the in-person scene. Also we have VF4, VF4 Evo night as well

MadeManG74 likes this.
  5. MadeManG74

Where is your area? Do you have any events we can help promote? I love that you've been growing the scene in the local FGC :)

6. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yo man, I'm Youngstown Ohio., its the sticks. Between Cleveland Ohio, and Pittsburgh PA.

The local scene is the real scene. Not against online though. Online allows us to play ppl we would never be able to play in person. So I got much love for online, but its the local scene that really promotes the game and the community. Its not a big scene, but its steady. I just got two converts over the holidays!!!

7. MadeManG74

There's awesome! I agree, nothing beats offline.
    Any majors ot tournaments you'll be attending or hosting VF at?

8. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    In the past I've said I would be attending this major tournament or that, and S!@# came up and I ended up not being able to attend. This time I'll post that I'm coming once I'm there:LOL:
    There are a couple I certainly want to attend!!