1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Strokes

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Nov 8, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    A friend of mine just put me onto this band called "The Strokes". I was watching MTV and heard this song "Last Night". At the time I didn't know it was them, but i recalled that it was very catchy, and i dug the whole retro look/sound. Sounds like early U2 and punk/newwave. These are my favorite songs in order of most enjoyable:

Hard to Explain
    The Modern Age
    Last Night
    Barely Legal

For those who haven't heard of them, definitely chek out some of their songs. Its definitely a NICE change of pace from a lot of the "pop" crap out right now.

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Agreed great band. Also if you like that you should check out the Pixies. Their greatest hits album is called Death to the Pixies and comes highly recomended. You should also get The Clash's London Calling as soon as humanly possible. Other good stuff is Wu-Tang: Enter the 36 Chambers and Ghost Face Killah's: Ironman

3. number 6

number 6 Active Member

Deathray Davies (www.deathraydavies.com) is good indie rock stuff. They have some mp3's on their site...

today, and behave are the best ones on there

4. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

The Strokes and...

The Pixies are wonderful. Frank Black has truly done a great deal in developing a unique sound. After many years following the breakup, it was nice to hear "where is my mind" at the end of Fight Club.

Adam, I'll check out The Strokes, thanks for the heads up.

since we're plugging bands we like: Everyone go and buy Nickelback's new album. A pat on the back for the Calgary boys. Yay Canada. Also, I highly recommend Days of The New new "Red Album"...Travis Meeks has really done a fantastic job with this album. Lastly, if you haven't taken the time to listen to Tool's Lateralus album, please do so. Such a great example of talent and musical skill.

cheers,