1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The successor to GAMEST!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Nov 17, 1999.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

According to Daily Radar:

Ascii will be releasing a new Japanese game magazine named Arcadia, a continuation of the famous Gamest magazine. Arcadia will specialize in arcade games, and the first issue will be available on Dec. 8. Ascii is also planning to launch a second arcade magazine called Arcade Login, which will deal with both arcade and amusement machines (such as sticker machines).

Wasn't ASCII also the producer of GAMEST? Why discontinue the magazine only to begin a new series?

ice-9 | Sennin

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

ASCII publishes Famitsu magazines. Kyasao in his diary hinted this a while ago, though now I know that it is confirmed.

Famitsu has very good pool of excellent arcade gamers, inlcluding Kyasao, BunBun, Shinjuku Jacky. And if they pull in all those ex-Gamest writers such as Meidaimae Chacky(yet another Jacky I admire), Wakato, Astro Jacky, the new arcade magazine has very good potential.

Oops, all those people above are VF players for some reason. But they are all national level gamers; and they play from shooters to almost ALL fighting games out there.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Heh heh, almost as good as us eh? /images/icons/tongue.gif

ice-9 | Sennin

4. Guest

Guest Guest

AWESOME! now we'll be able to look at pretty pictures of games again! and not be able to read anything! and have to go through great pains to either translate, or even get our hands on one! WAY COOOOOLLLL!

5. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

I hope that the new magazie Arcadia or whatever won't be a mere "Game Introduction Magazine". Gamest in the past year was becoming more and more this way, focusing less on the strategies.

As for the translation, I am willing to do it, as long as I am interested in the article AND if there is a strong demand. Though I enjoy translating, it is a painstaking process. I usually have to spend at least 1 hour per page to produce something accurate and readable.

Oh...I used to charge $50 per hour for the translation work too, during my student days. I wonder VF.com is willing to sponsor me for that....