1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Truth about VF...

Discussion in 'General' started by Shang, Oct 24, 2004.

1. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

Re: Shang Jr - stupid post

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

cause I really really couldn't care less for them (cause they aren't even arguments but just childish imo).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i wonder where we heard this one 5 times before

[ QUOTE ]
    (Go 'grrrrr' really loud now man or try to talk shit behind my back to Myke on irc or something - *grouphug*!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha this is the same guy who sent me his argument through PM so no one else could see it (btw Kiwe i didnt even bother reading it). Also this guy doesnt like to support his "freedom of argument" hes been so shamelessy using as his defense. If he dissenters talking to myke as a viable option. OH BOO HOO!!

btw IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED the shang to kiwe followup happens about 90% - thats why people are getting on your case.

Oh and dont overglorify yourself with Kiwe Jr. Again for someone who thought the Shang Jr was nonsense, you're pretty quick to use Kiwe Jr. on me.

so Shang Jr. . . . . GOOOOO BACK TO SCHOOOLL!!!
    (of course Kiwe would never get that joke)

2. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Re: matter of playing Wolf and getting better in VF in the West.

[​IMG]

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Re: matter of playing Wolf and getting better in VF in the West.

ROFLMAO! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Re: ...

I am the iron palm of justice!! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

KTallguy, great post. I wholly agree with your "more play, less talk" point. It's sometimes hard for people outside of Japan to understand what the VF scene there is like.

I would like to add two points (addressed not to you but broadly):

1) There are definitely people out there who can post a lot more useful gameplay stuff then they do now, but they do not. This is nothing new to VFDC, however.

2) In my view, the contributions posters can make to VFDC are primarily around gameplay issues. Posters can of course contribute to local scenes and communities by playing, organizing events, etc. but on the online space, it's about gameplay.

1) It's a fact that many of the best players do not post on VFDC what they know. It is not because they jealously guard whatever information they have, although I'm sure that's the case for some people, it's usually because they have learned over time that the main audience on VFDC simply doesn't know how to appreciate a good thing. So they don't.

I think it's sad that top players like Adam and Ryan don't bother posting their knowledge on VFDC--they have much to share that could really improve others' skill levels.

There are a few notable exceptions, like our main man Myke, but people like Myke are just that...exceptions. Hiro, a teacher at heart, is another exception. But you know what, he never wrote for the general VFDC audience. His stuff was always intended for the people he knew would appreciate what he wrote, people like the NY crew and others he communicated with directly.

Like I said, however, this is not unique to VFDC. This trend has been happening since the newsgroup days...just ask Joji why he didn't write any more FAQs after his seminal VF2 Akira FAQ.

2) When I read a good post and think to myself, "this is a good post," it's usually a post about gameplay. I.e. commentary on tactics, strategies, video clips, recent experiences in versus play, whatever.

KiwE is being labeled as a bad guy here, and perhaps he shouldn't care what Shang has to say so much, but I think the fact of the matter stands that KiwE has written some pretty good Brad stuff. The vast majority of the people who have weighed in on this thread, on the other hand, have not contributed one useful gameplay post. To those people, I ask, what have you done for VFDC besides bitching?

From that perspective, KiwE has in my view earned the right to bitch a little. At least he has posted content of some value before.

P.S. Sarah would be a fool to use Flamingo on Wolf. Wolf has problems defending against Sarah's normal stance quick-executing and quick-recovering attacks, not a Flamingo stance where Wolf can easily get 50% damage with the right guess.

6. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

LOL >>> "KiwE has written some pretty good Brad stuff"..

LOL >>> "Sarah would be a fool to use Flamingo on Wolf. "

Ass, it's funny how you talk about contribution.. Let me ask you what have you contributed other than when you took ur daddy's money bought VFDC, put "I'm an the owner of a major gaming site" on your resume, while tossing all the work to myke? 1/2 of the time people trying to log on the the site get errors due to your lack of foresight. Everytime you post, you post with some authority like people should respect you because you paid 20 bucks a month... in fact you are just an ugly 5 feet tall, spoiled, rich kid behind a keyboard. Please okay.. save your "community wisdom" to your stupid and probably ugly gf.

"OMG he beat me beacuse i'm too nervious!!!!" stfu already~

7. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

I appreciate the post... I don't know if the lack of posting of valuable information is a matter of people not feeling like it, or whatever, but sometimes it's really hard to put into words what exactly you're doing... that might be part of it...

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Shang Shang, you like to bitch, but you can't walk the talk. I'm still waiting for your one insight into Wolf gameplay. Where is it? A Wolf FAQ would be nice. Or do you suck so badly that you are unable to write one?

As far as I'm concerned, so far, BK's Wolf sounds better than yours.

P.S. Try to keep things non-personal OK? You know nothing about me. But I don't mind being seen as a spoiled rich kid--it's better than being a bitter shmuck who gets his only form of entertainment from flaming on the INTERNET.

KTallguy, it's what people have privately fed back to me. It's regrettable and I'm trying to change their minds.

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Unless you are just a plain fucking idiot (which you've proven again and again you are) you must realized long ago, no one gives a shit about "as far as ice-9 is concerned". You are such a stupid fuck comparing me, someone who has never played vs you with wolf to who I've never played and I doubt you've played little if any of. Hey as far as I'm concerned SiYkO's Kage would own your ass.. woot! what a point I just made~ Again you and you and your authoritative tone.. fuck you .
    Trying to keep it non-personal????? HAHAHA.. dude are you a man? what exactly do you fuck your gf with? cuz you obviously have no dick and balls.

I bet KiwE sends you 10 cocksucking PMs a day ass-9, just so he can relief his " i no longer care" comments...

10. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

*skims thread*

... Wow....

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The Shangster can't take what he dishes, apparently. I am just laughing at you buddy...

12. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

So when is VFDC getting a better Server? /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

13. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Like I said, however, this is not unique to VFDC. This trend has been happening since the newsgroup days...just ask Joji why he didn't write any more FAQs after his seminal VF2 Akira FAQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

ass-9 bullshit-speak translation: "i will reference someone from a decade or so ago to maintain the appearance that i am not talking out of my ass!"

and as always you fail. miserably.

you FUCKING imbecile loser.

14. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

Ya know, with seeing as many of Shang's posts like these I'm amazed he even bothers to come here, let alone hasn't been banned yet.

I'd praise KT's post myself but it's already been done enough, so I'll just say it was a good post and leave it at that.

15. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm just dying to play some guys outside of my little circle. Let's all hook up some time & play some VF.

I'm thinking about NYC in January.

Japan if I can afford it.

The truth about VF has nothing to do with the internet and attitudes and being "good" or "intermediate" or what the fuck ever. It's about seeing surprising stuff or making the group of guys around you freak out over the crazy shit you just did.

Breaking the win streak.

Running the room.

Recognizing the situation where the least logical thing is the only one that works.

Fuck the bullshit.

Let's play.

16. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Go to nyc and i'll try to go too. i am the only vf player in philly. at least nyc isnt that far away.

And Yeah smurf, the server here is fucking pitiful. Fucks up more than any other site I visit on th web. I bet the Dikken 5 website doesn't fuck up this much.

17. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

What are you folks on about? I visit vfdc every workday and the server is just fine. Fair enough a cuppola times I haven't been able to log on due to "too much traffic" or whatever but ususally it's sweet. It's free, there are no ads, no pop ups and the group of people posting is small enough to actually be usefull. Try SRK or Sherdog for overpopulated forums.

Nope, as far as I'm concerned vfdc is just fine. Whenever I have asked for advice in the past I have received it. I am still noob enough to appreciate the character advice section and actually find it useful. If anything, I wouldn't mind a cupple more flamewars, but that's just me, as I have a soft spot for those.

Oh and finally:

[ QUOTE ]
    sanjuro said:
    Breaking the win streak.
    Running the room.
    Recognizing the situation where the least logical thing is the only one that works.
    Fuck the bullshit.
    Let's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth.
    Plain and simple.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

kungfusmurf, definitely by March as that's when the present contract runs out. I'm currently negotiating some sort of an early release but that's going pretty slow. Both host's and my fault. Unfortunately, it ain't $20 a month.

Rich, I see comprehension is still an issue. It's nice to see you're still reading about VF4 and FT, but I suggest playing the game. You'll find it more entertaining than flaming through the INTERNET. Just a little bit. See Sanjuro's post, or any of the other constructive post on this thread.

you PROCREATING challenged non-winner (smirk)

19. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SgtRamrod said:

Go to nyc and i'll try to go too. i am the only vf player in philly. at least nyc isnt that far away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think Toronto people... glorious Canada. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kbcat

20. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

dude what are you talking about? you have nothing to say and pull out the old " i'm just laughing at you ", " you should play some vf before open ur mouth " lines? I swear of god if I see you in person again, I will stab you with my pocket knife and punch you through an astro city...