1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The VF4 joystick for PS2

Discussion in 'Console' started by segaduck, Nov 29, 2001.

1. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

2. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

"It's only 3 buttons, which means you cannot use it for other games like CvS2."

Well... I've got just two words to say to that: Fuckin A!

Some 3rd party like ascii or hori better release a good arcade stick for the ps2 by the time VF4 and Tekken4 come out. I really don't want to have to order parts and make my own stick.

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I dont about you guys, but I really like it... its a vf4 stick, the hell with more buttons :p

[​IMG]

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oooohhh it looks so sexy!

Guys...you don't...you don't think SOA would decide to "Americanize" the stick do you?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, likewise. I'm getting a PS2, mod chip, import VF4 and two sticks come end of January =)

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

You poor bastards if they do...

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

How are the mod chips coming along? are they safe?

8. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

No, I still dont think they are very safe or reliable.

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Americanize, how?

10. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

No, I still dont think they are very safe or reliable.

I guess it depends on different things. I had a mod chip installed into my PS when I imported Tobal 2 and it worked great.

11. Hayai_JiJi

The PS1 mod chips are fine and so are the Saturn and Dreamcast mod chips. The PS2 just has a way more complicated architecture. Even with a mod chip I believe you still need a boot disk. I would just buy a Japanese PS2 if I wanted to play it the import at home that badly but I am contnet to play it in the arcade until the NA release.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I guess we should wait until an Action Replay type device is released. I don't know about the US but there are loads of dodgy independent retailers who don't do a good job in the UK.

Computer Exchange, the most respected independant in the UK no longer does chips because of all the fuss it starts.

13. Hayai_JiJi

The problem is Sony are assholes about that stuff. An action replay type device was planned for the original playstation but Sony killed it.

14. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Right, no reliable methods exist for booting import software on an American PS2 (or vice versa yet). The existing chips only boot CDRs and not import originals. I've heard of this one:
    http://www.channeltechnology.com/messiah.htm
    but I don't know if it's even real.

Personally I kinda wish there more more buttons so I could use the stick for other games. Doesn't matter I guess, I'm probably getting it anyway.

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ok, this means that current mod chips like the PS2 mod chip available at www.modchip.com only allow you to mod a US PS2 such that you can play import PS2 games by first booting up a US PS2 game...? And even then, the success rate isn't 100%? Is that how it works...? Sorry, I haven't modded a console since I owned a PS1 a long time ago...

16. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Nah, you can boot everything EXCEPT original PS2 imports. Sucks, huh? Damn Sony.

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

WTF? That's problematic....

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

WHAT? I have a modded import PS2 -- it can play original import games right? (No need for a boot disc right?)

19. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Since your PS2 is import...then it should be able to play import games regardless of modchip.

Wait, you have a modded Japanese PS2? And it works with original U.S. PS2 software too?

20. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

This is my guess...

Ice, you have an Asian PS2 that is modded so that *ahem* you can play "Low Priced PS2 Software" that you get from various Asian countries? Is that the actual case?