1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The VF4 joystick for PS2

Discussion in 'Console' started by segaduck, Nov 29, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Bingo! The only PS2 games I seem to play though are the "high priced" versions for my U.S. PS2, LOL.

2. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

For mod information go to: http://www.freedomlives.com/
    the "neo 4" modchip bascially allows ps2 to boot everything without swapping. a friend of mine has a moded ps2 that requires gameshark swap, works decent.
    Good luck

3. RayBladeX

RayBladeX New Member

From my observation, The VF4 Stick looks to be made from
    Hori as it's *very* similar to Hori's Dual Shock Arcade
    Stick available for PS1/2.

The best stick for Ps2 IMO is the CVS2 Stick made by Ascii.

4. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

er.... yes great three buttons

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I actually would like it if the Green (guard button I am presuming) would be moved up a bit...from the picture, it looks like a bit of an awkward layout.

6. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Thats the Jap layout. Perfectly fine, but not what you're used to.

7. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

It is the best button layout, really. Your thumb goes on block, and your right thumb is your most dextrous appendage. It also does not require you to spread your fingers in a way that will give a person carpal tunnel syndrome. It is different than the American layout, but once you get used to it, you will laugh at the idea of playing with your fingers all spread out and whatnot, i.e. the American Way. You just set your hand down and the buttons are right there where under your fingers and thumb. Stupid stupid Sega of America.

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

You said it Pimpdaddy. When God was giving out Arcade button configurations the US had to remind God that he forgot to give them one. So he just gave them the crud he had at the bottom of his sack.

<font color=red>FLAME ON!!!</font color=red>

9. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

just saw the official PS2 arcade stick at bestbuy for 20$ bucks ! beautiful with two rows of buttons... suitable for tekken and VF4! I'm getting two for x-mas ( 22 days!... can't wait till March to play VF4 on PS2!