1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The WINNER is ShinZ!!!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by baekhoakira, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

No, I'm talking about b,f+p+k+g, VirtuaProject needs to update their movelist. I've tested this move myself and this site concurs with what I know.

<hr></blockquote>

alucard, just because this move can beat HP/LP attacks doesn't make it a sabaki. This punch beating property is attributed to the dodge in the attack. Kage's db+P will beat another standing P of equal speed because of the slight built-in dodge. Similarly, characters have hopping-type attacks which will beat low moves. However, none of these are sabaki attacks..

2. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Ok...its not called a sabaki, maybe we should call these moves something cause their special properties are certainly not reflected in either VFDC/VP's movelists.

3. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

More terminology? Hell, that's the last thing this place needs imo. Some people still get confused about sabaki/inashi. To add another term would just confuse issues even more. I don't consider a move having a "special property" just because the char moves to the side a little bit as part of the move.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    More terminology? Hell, that's the last thing this place needs imo.

Yep, totally agree. This kind of information is great for a Character FAQ though.