1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Theory for replicating korean step on VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Based on seeing one of the akira vs akira japanese clips. One of the akira's did 3 quick CD's in a row.

Bryan says the command input is cd, g, cd, g, cd, g etc..

if you do u, cd, d, cd it produces too long a sequence to look like the korean step

what if you did

u, cd, g, d, cd, g

That may produce the korean step from vf3

perhaps you can do, u, cd, g, d, cdb (crouch dash back) is cdb ever used as a vf acronym?, g, u, cdb, g, d, cd

this would produce a type of box

or how about u, cdb, g, d, cdb, g

this would look like a reverse korean step backwards.

CrewNYC

Give it a shot if you can! :)

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Just wanted to clarify real quick.

What I meant in my post was that according to Jeff, KS as we know it in 3 is impossible in 4 because of the reduced movement in dodges (E). Am I right , Jeff?

What I was trying to say was that in VF3, I always canceled my E's with CD's so soon that the E was very short. Hence, the "KS" I did in 4 was almost no different to what I used to do in 3 in appearance/speed/depth.

During E3 I noticed a lot of people (like Manoel/Great Deceiver) didn't cut their dodges/dashes/CDs nearly as short as I did, and got a longer/wider KS; I think it's this that Jeff is saying we can't do anymore, since U or D taps will get you a shorter dodge, even though it can be CD canceled.

Also, I don't even think it's necessary to tap G between CDs, I was just doing it because that's how I used to Taiwan Step in VF2. I think tapping G between the dodges and CDs in 4 would result in a less smooth motion, as I could go from dodge to CD smoothly (as long as you return to neutral between a CD and a D dodge).

Like I said, since I didn't try canceling the BD/BCDwith a dodge (or the other way around), I can't attest to wether or not tapping G between would be necessary.

In any case, I feel pretty confident that after people get used to it, we'll be able to move even more free than KS; aside from what Jeff said about not being able to D dodge during crouching without standing up.

Spotlite