1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

There is hope.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pinkgirl, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

After a few times playing @ Grandlink, I finally discovered what's different about VF4 there:

It's on a high-res screen!!!!!!! (Yup, took me long enough to realise... I kept wondering why Kage's silver outfit was shinier than usual, why the graphics all of a sudden seemed to look so crystal clear, why something - turns out it's the scanlines! Duh! - seemed to be missing, and blah blah blah. D-u-h.)

Just when I thought all arcades here were recycling ancient, dirty, cracked, spoiled cabinets, Super Funworld @ Grandlink uses a fairly new cabinet for VF4 - at least one that's capable of displaying VF4 in hi-res, unlike the ones found @ the various Funlands, Virtualand, etc!

(...even though the joystick on one side is spoiled & the punch on the other slightly faulty. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif LOL)

It's been a looooong while since I've seen a new machine around!!!!