1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Theres balance, then theres pai

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by ValeStyle_Gove, Dec 5, 2003.

1. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

I would have to say Pai IS the most variable and annoying character in VF4evo! Her moves manipulate you better than Aoi! Even getting in a first attack after the word "GO" is half impossible. I am a formidable Sarah player and I just see Pai as such an underrated overpowered machine. Sure her juggles arent amazing but her poking, her reversals, her speed, or spinning low. I mean...what the? /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

Pai is my best character. Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Using her is so much fun too, there's nothing overpowered - you just have to be good in several areas of the gameplay. She's got the tools, it just takes some work.

Underrated? Yes.

3. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Arch Angel would prolly say not over powered and I agree. Under rated is a Yes tho. Annoying isn't that bad, as I still think Aoi is the most confusing person under a good player.

Pai can make some good guessing games (watch some of Tsuchkumo Pai or Arch angel videos) which I hate. Her air combo's are long tho and some take u to a certain distance while others can drain or lead into guessing games.
    Pai is good for begginers and advance players.

4. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't seen much of a problem with Pai, personally. Sure, I have a bit of trouble against her, but she's no worse than a few of the other characters.

On a related note, which characters are you best against? Playin the AI, I rarely have any trouble takin down Jackey or Sarah, I think.

5. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

According to the records, I haven't ever lost to an A.I. Shun or an A.I. Kage, but the Kage part is probably 'cuz I play Kage myself and can basically guess what the computer is going to try, thus react better putting myself at an advantage.

6. ValeStyle_Gove

Im not talking about a Pai AI, it is easy to beat any AI with the proper thought. I was talking about real players, the pai guessing game is the most annoying there is. I usually beat the player on a 1/5 ratio /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif but I feel stupid when I loose those few battles because I feel I have lost to begginer guessing games.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Lol funny all this coming from a sarah player.

8. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

LOL tru. no offence.

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ValeStyle_Gove said:
    but I feel stupid when I loose those few battles

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust your feelings luke!

10. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Pai is strong eh? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pai~Chun likes this.
  11. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Pai is quite underrated I think. I dont' think she's as annoying as Lion or Shun, but she's played more than either in my neighborhood so I get more practice against her.

12. sapere_J

sapere_J New Member

I used Pai the first time I picked up VF4. I'd say she's pretty underrated as well. I think some people play her off because she's "weak" and very newbie friendly. But in the right hands, she can be one hell of a trip to fight against.

I have more problems with Akira and Lion more than anything. I'm forced to be completely offensive against Lion or else I get confused if playing a waiting game.

13. ValeStyle_Gove

[ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

Lol funny all this coming from a sarah player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem I know it was posted a month ago, and since I havent had internet access and wasnt able to retaliate...but seriously that post felt like:

[ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif Look at me Im crying because I dont like flamingos

[/ QUOTE ]

Still...Ranma all the way /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

i cant help it if that stance gives her some stupid advantage even if she i hopping around on one leg.

p.s u didnt have to retliate

15. Black_Devil99

Black_Devil99 Member

i like lion, i'm not really sure why because i just got the game but i like his combos and he is pretty fast. Goh looks the coolest to me but i suck with him i wish i could get better with him because i like him

16. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

See CreeD's guide to Goh.

Regarding Pai: she's awesome! The only issue I have is getting into Bokutai is kinda slow (the safest move I've found for getting into it is a CH K, P, [4] although her [4]+[K] works pretty well. I wonder if they'll add a way to get into it from a crouching stance (would make more sense). Anyway, her mixups are great, her speed is highly useful, and I love her new throws. She was my first character since VF1. Sadly, I thought her [4][6] and [6][4] throws were cheap in VF3 and VF4. But they fixed it! Anyway... yeah.. she's fun. Nothing's more fun than ringing someone out with the weakest bkslm ever: [4][6] [P]+[G] !!!! Mwahahahah!. Sorry... I get amusement from silly things... like killing someone with the [6][2] throw, or killing people in SC2 with Xianghua's Guei... or killing people with Chun Li's taunt (Pocket Fighter... I think). That and Chipp's shruiken... SASHIMI ! Holy Zen!

17. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

Pai's up there on my most annoying player list /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

1st "Lei Fei" : /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    2nd "Lau" : offensive bitch /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    3rd "Sarah": two words...flamingo stance /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    4th : "Pai" : what a poking prick /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

18. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    rustybolt21 said:
    Sarah: two words...flamingo stance

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the two words are "dragon" and "cannon", but close enough i guess

19. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    [ QUOTE ]