1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Theres balance, then theres pai

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by ValeStyle_Gove, Dec 5, 2003.

1. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    b4k4 said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
    rustybolt21 said:
    Sarah: two words...flamingo stance

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the two words are "dragon" and "cannon", but close enough i guess

[/ QUOTE ]
    And I was about to go with "stupid whore."

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was going to go with "ugly slut."

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    stupid whore

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    so true

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ugly slut

[/ QUOTE ]

HehEHEheheEHEHeeHE c00l EheheEHE!!!11~

/KiwE

3. Allyourbase

Allyourbase Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    b4k4 said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
    rustybolt21 said:
    Sarah: two words...flamingo stance

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the two words are "dragon" and "cannon", but close enough i guess

[/ QUOTE ]
    And I was about to go with "stupid whore."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go with "damn elbow."

4. PaiMei

PaiMei New Member

Pai rules......
    /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Until Akira tears her apart...

6. bluberrypai

bluberrypai New Member

Unless you couldn't already tell /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Pai is my favorite character. I love her moves and everything. You just have to know how to use her moves is all.
    *~* MeGaN *~* /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Wonderful

Wonderful Active Member

I´ve just started playing Pai after going through most of the other chearacters like a week each to get a feel for them, even Akira, he´s good, I can do all his moves consitently on a pad except the damn knee. I think I´ve done his knee in a useful way in a match about umm.. a whole 1 times.

I agree that Pai is underrated, you have to work a bit to do real damage but she is so fast you can completely overwhelm your opponent with pokes, sneaky floaters and those long legs and good set of kicks !!

Also all her attacks from crouching, what would you call it ? "while standing" attacks [6][P], [4][P], [4_][K], [P][K], [K] + the bokutai stance, you´ve got to love that stance completely messes with your opponents head if you get into it with a hit [3][P][4] you almost always hit with the next attack. All very useful, reversals I don´t seem to be able to use against the AI, but against humans they are great I think, especially against punch strings, lack of a low reversal can be a pain though /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif and her elbow is weak.

She plays a bit like Raphael in SC2 endless pokes and you have to work a bit to do real damage, but you can attack almost relentlessly and have some real nice mind games. Like [6][4][P] optional [P] sabaki can be awesome mixed with [1][P] floater most people will fall for it because they look so similiar (that I play at least).

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    and her elbow is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I don't think you're accurate here. Pai's chop/elbow ([6]+[P]) is far and away one of her very best moves. My assumption is that you're playing Evo - so please have a look at the stats and you'll see where it fits in. Furthermore, have a look at Cappo's tutorial vids - the first one - to see how there are numerous sequences from a blocked [6]+[P] that can shut down an opponent's retaliation.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

9. Wonderful

Wonderful Active Member

I think I put it the wrong way Llanfair, I totally agree that her elbow is a great attack and I use it a lot as a poking/counter move, the reason I think it´s weak to some extent is the lack of a stagger when you hit a crouching opponent compared to most other characters elbow moves (the ones that have a proper one). And yes I´m playing Evo. I usually use the [3][K] with Pai to get the stagger I would otherwise get from a relatively standard elbow.

10. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

One thing I thought I should mention with her funny stance (I don't play Pai by the way), it seems to be very susceptible to a quick knee. Having played against Pai a bit, I find that when I am playing well I can usually get her with a knee before she manages to attack. At least that is usually my strategy.