1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Things to do after low Sweep

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Shiznittles, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I think that the 44p will whiff during the magical TR/QR animation. If you stop there I think you should still have good backturned initiative though...

2. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

He kept blocking it, maybe I was doing 44p late. In any case I imagine a 2p or other rising move (FUCKING PALM) would beat out most of his BT moves, similar to when 44p or p,4p is blocked. You could take a chance on the donkey kick of course, but it's risky.

In any case this is the least of my worries, I should stop losing to trash players before I worry about picking apart tiny things like this.

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It's generally not a good idea to do 44P against a TR opponent. You could try to go for the K+G followup without any delay since it's a circular mid.

4. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

Yeah, in the end I'll probably just stick with expecting them to tech and mixing up, and dashing up to quick stomp if I see them not tech.

5. pestilence

pestilence Member

I was initially excited when I saw this topic but after chilling out in the dojo attempting to pull off some of these combos the most I can do is

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

Is that a common problem? maybe they don't work against lighter characters such as dural?

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Holy thread necromancy, batman!

The thread also happens to be sort of a prolonged joke. None of the 'combos' listed in topic post are real combos because they can all be avoided after the first hit by techroll/quickrise. (ie. press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif when you touch the ground.)

For proper combos, check out for instance the combos section of the site menu.

ps. Dural is heaviest character in the game.

7. pestilence

pestilence Member

Ah yeah that makes sense Dural is made of metal. D'oh.

Any ideas why i can't get these "combos" to work in dojo? Maybe I should buy an arcade stick.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Buffer the attacks earlier. Also set the knockdown recovery to "in place - exact" so you see which ones are real combos.