1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts for VF5

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by eagle, Feb 17, 2002.

1. eagle

eagle Member

I was just thinking about a interview that yu suzuki had about VF4 before it came out. He stated that VF4 would be more of a sequel to VF2... now what if he designs VF5 based on VF3 engine. I would like to hear your thoughts.

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

If he was to design VF5, we wouldent see it untill 2004-2005 or soo, since VF4 is gonna stick around for a while like VF3 did./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    I'm not really sure about when VF5 will be out. On one hand they probably want to milk VF4 for all its worth. On the other hand next year marks the 10 year anniversary of VF. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

4. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

I don't think Suzuki is gonna make any more VF games on a VF3 engine. I think that he wants the game to require more. Don't get me wrong, VF3 is a great game, I have been playing it for the past 4 years. But I think that VF4 will outlast it. I think that VF5 will probably be a lil more free, sorta do it your way and experiment type game. VF5 is no doubt a long, long ways away. VF3 came out in arcades in 1996, and VF4 didn't come till 2001. We have a long wait and a long time to wonder. MAybey for the anniversary they will release some sort of extras discs, or a VF4 gold, or Version. D, the version D is doubtable because there isn't much else they can do with VF4 without really changing it. SOme new levels would be nice. And I know people have said all over this site about unlocking Dural, but how do you do it again, and I think I found a glitch. I did Kages footlaunch on Shun's Cave stage, and Shun went over the wall and just dissapeared. And do any of you know how to do this set of Sarah kicks. If you watch the VF4 PS2 opening, when it is Sarah's segment, she does 6-8 really fast kicks on Jacky. Does anyone know how to do them. The computer did it to me once.

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

And I know people have said all over this site about unlocking Dural, but how do you do it again

You wouldn't have to ask the question again if you had tried using the <font color=orange>search</font color=orange> function. Just input a key word or two and try it. It's not that hard, and you don't have to keep asking the question over and over again, or wait for someone to feel sorry enough for you to answer the question. I tried "dural", and came up with this thread:

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=17115&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

Enjoy!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well i hope he thinks long and hard about getting mr E button back!,... i love that button... k-stepping seems to be the highlight of my play..

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

agreed, VF4 just has to many moves and features, three buttons just dont cut it;)

8. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

Just to get u guys to "CURSE" i have 1 thing to say:-

VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 IS SHIT - STREET FIGHTER 3 RULEZ HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha .. .. .. .. .

PS - I HOPE SEGA GO POOR .......... (i dont mean it realy)

9. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

On a more Comical note I think all the chars in VF5 when doing a special move should scream the name of the move. Like for Jacky "BEATKNUCKLE ATTACK" or Akira "STANDING PALM" really loud and american sounding. Like superheros fighting. This would go well with the lame story lines they've come up with. =)

10. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    It would be like street fighter! The only problems i see are 1. Akira would have a helluva lot to say during the little time of the SPoD 2. Isn't the "Beat Knuckle" also called the Bitch Slap? If so..that'd be funny as hell hearin jacky say that. It make it almost worth gettin owned by him.

11. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

id like to see a vf4TB/fighters mega mix2 or vfX b4 vf5
    basicly id like a hybrid of vf3 an vf4

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Akira's moves sound really good in Japanese, Korean and chinese.

Most of the moves (in Chinese anyway) are around 4 syllables max per move.

DLC:
    "su lor" "ba wong" "kau wah san"
    "something" "emperor/tyrannical" "bodycheck mt hua"

BodyCheck the Mount "Hua Shan"
    Hua Shan (Wah San): The western holy mountain of China in Shaanxi Province. Lit. “magnificent, China mountainâ€Â

They are pronounciable in all asian languages. Its highly unlikely that an english equivalent is possible. Its much more fun/dramatic when discussing using the terms in Chinese/asian name rather than English.

Unfortunately most of the English translated names for moves are really lame. Ie Lei Fei, Akira, sarah, kage etc etc..

Akira
    Yoho: df, df+p
    Solar Cannon

SPoD:
    "bun gik won sun shuan fu juan"
    Stun Attack, Illusion Body Double Tiger Palm.

Body Check: b, f, f+PK
    "tit shan kau"
    Iron Mountain Bodycheck

It just not the same in English.. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

13. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

Another thing,...

I think that it would be cool if the asian fighters actually spoke the language of the nationality they represented. Like, Lau and Pai speaking Cantonese, Shun speaking Mandarin, etc. instead of speaking Japanese. In addition subtitles at the bottom to understand what they are saying,......

14. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Re: Another thing,...

Oh god, Lau and Pai are fr China. Try asking them to talk with Beijing's slang.

15. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

But Pai was born in HK, wasn't she? And therfore probably Lau is from HK or was a refugee from the Cultural Revolution in Guanzhou, so he'd speak Cantonese too, even if he spoke Mandarin.

Lei Fei should sound like Jet Li in Once Upon a Time in China...=)

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Lau and Pai speaking Cantonese

Lau and Pai are from Hong Kong?

17. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

In VF1, Pai's occupation is "Hong Kong Action Star"

So Pai is from Hong Kong at least...Lau may be from the Mainland, but since Pai is born May 17, 1975 Lau would have to be in Hong Kong before 1975, so he most likely is from Guangdong Province (maybe a refugee from the Cultural Revolution?); (the HuKou system during the pre-Deng years and the agricultural communes would have made it very difficult for him to have come from anywhere else) he might speak Mandarin but he also likely speaks Cantonese.

18. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i think with all the options like kumite, arcade and vs in the PS2.
    it would be exciting for them to extend the game playing styles to other forms.
    hmmm...maybe in RPG? A crusade against J6 (ala Final Fantasy Style...NO!!!!!!).. might get to see Spod as a Limit Break...hehehe. or even Jacky's dog as a Aeon.

OR... they can have a action simulation game...like the good old "Double Dragon" days... when u travelled along this fixed path...and u fight all the guys until u get to the Boss of each stage.

Yeah..some one should try to psych Yu Suzuki into implementing all these... =p

19. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Pai, being Lau's daughter, comes from the same place he does...

20. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Side Notes

Shenmue is its earliest stages of development was referred to as "Virtua Fighter RPG".

Also, since Pai and Lau speak fluent Nihongo in-game and don't say a word in any other tongue, we officially can't assume either way.

ÂÂu‚³‚ ‚ÂÄ...ÂÂí‚¢‚ÜâšÂµâ€šÃ¥â€šÂ¤â€šÂ©ÂÂHÂÂvÂÂ@