1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on using Lei Fei for the first time!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Pinkgirl, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

1) Has some really good/strong attacks (e.g. many sebakis & KDs)

2) Difficult to use
    - a pretty much 2D character: attacks mostly linear
    - confusing stances: has too many (4), and player needs to remember specifically for every move what stance he'll end up in
    - vulnerable when in certain stances: no guard, and when in Independent Stance will float readily
    - managing stances: to perfect Lei Fei one will have to have absolute knowledge of when, where & how to use them; requires time and lots of strategising

Sounds like a character with lots of potential, unfortunately, far too advanced for me! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

U know u don't have to fully understand him to be good with him.
    In reply to: " He's far too advanced for me! "
    Begginers could use lei fei as it says in the manual
    Bagginers could just repeditly press buttons for some of his combos plus he is really quick.
    P.S. I'm not saying that u r a begginer /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

i would suggest the lei fei dojo guide, it has tons of golden info, but you must also be familiar with his stances, i'm sure you have a pretty good knowledge of his stances, also i think that since Lei Fei is pretty much the button mashing character using him technically would be a lot trickier

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

While I do agree that Lei Fei is probably the hardest of the beginner characters to win with, I think it doesn't take much to make him really lethal.

When playing against people (not CPU) Lei Fei's biggest weaknesses is that you can read him like a book. For a good player, this means your attacks will be dodged, and you'll get destroyed for it.

The best advice I can give you (after learning the stances) is:

1: Don't let combos put you into the stances. Go to stances, THEN do combos.
    2: Once you're good with #1, go to stances, START combos, go to another stance, start another one. The fewer combos you finish (except when floating your opponent) the better.

3: SPACE YOUR ATTACKS. When you try [6][K][K], any decent fighter will evade the 2nd kick and waste you. Delay it, then whack the shit out of the guy. That will really improve your game.

5. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

how bout this just get good at [6][6][P] and low[P]<[3]throw. And do his single palm a lot from a distance. "IN" stance+[P]. seeya pinkgirl. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif