1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

threaded mode problems

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Mr. Bungle, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

The board is still burping up read posts as unread, both in the same way as before, as well as something new where it won't show on the main index or forum index - it'll now show read posts as unread when you get to a thread index.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah, I've noticed that too and still unsure as to why it's happening. I have this feeling it has something to do with the perl -> php changeover in the way read/unread posts are tracked.

If you can, try logging out, close your browser, delete your vfdc cookie, restart your browser and login to vfdc again. This should create a new, clean cookie for you which shouldn't have any old perl data in it.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Posts becoming unread

Here's a reply I've received regarding the problem:

"There is one way I know of that will duplicate this. If you visit a forum and then go away for a few hours without closing your browser and then come back. The TempRead field in the database has to be cleaned out periodically and when this happens and you haven't closed your browser it will make read posts look unread again."

I'm still waiting to here if there's a quick fix for this. Stay tuned.