1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Threat Stance discussion

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by SweepTheLeg, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

It's far from a stupid option but it can be risky. If you're playing a Wolf player who only seems to do K+G/throw mixup on oki then 2p beats defending against it.

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Re: Threat Stance Frames

Why is this even an argument? Kamais even says it isn't a good idea that the opponent tech into an attack but that he uses threat K to counter it.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Congrats for failing to read what you quote, again.

4. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

FATAL KO!!!

5. Miznoctis

Miznoctis New Member

I think this is a logical trick becauz attack is the basic way to avoid throw.

6. Miznoctis

Miznoctis New Member

Hi! I want to have a help from someone who always use DOWN PUNCH in battle!
    Other advice not those in VF 4EVO's Tutorial

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
  8. jinxhand

Would [3][K] be a better option vice Threat [K] due to range and damage, or would doing which ever move depends on the situation (i.e. - ukemi away from the screen instead of towards the screen)???

9. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It depends on the situation because both of those moves serve their own purpose. [3][K] is more about the range then anything, it's punishable by [P][K] and it's not that strong as opposed to a CH Threat [K] is. The key is to throw out Threat [K] when you feel like you can get a CH from it, and if they block then you can just fuzzy, it's all good bro! Oh, and besides getting into the threat stance part you got to love the fact that it's a 13f mid-kick!

10. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    are we talking about options leading to knockdown after a tech roll? or we talking mid kick knockdown options?

cuz im a big fan of that k in 4p+kk

11. jinxhand

I try to keep those in mind when I fight and I do try to fish for that ch threat [K] to combo. My issue is if the opponent techrolls and I'm just right outside of range to get a ch [K] out. Well is there a safe distance in which [3][K] can't be [P][K] punished then???

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    No, chances are if you can hit them with [3][K] they can also hit you if they happen to block, maybe if [3][K] gave a knock back on block like EWGF then perhaps, but your more then welcome to test it out in dojo or something and let me know!

One time where [3][K] is really good to use is against Jeffry and Aoi where their [P] is 12 frames so you can't get [P][K] punished and you can ETEG.

Also keep in mind there are a lot of options besides these 2 moves, but if your Threat [K] is out of reach then [3][K] can actually be pretty decent when your opponent tech rolls depending on your opponents knowledge of frames and habits after tech roll. If your opponent is always tech rolling into standing G for example and you keep on throwing out [3][K] and getting [P][K] punished it would then be a good time to switch to something like Threat [P]+[G].

What you decide to do depends on who you are facing, there is no one move that tailors against everyone and works, you adjust your strategies against your opponent tech rolling based on his habits and such.

I haven't played for a very long time so I might be sounding a bit crazy!

13. jinxhand

Nah it doesn't sound crazy. I was really thinking in terms of hitboxes, kinda like Dictator's ducking roundhouse. Maybe there's a chance that if you hit someone with [3][K] (or another unsafe move for that matter) at a far away distance so that the hitbox would connect, but still not allow a free [P][K] for the opponent. I'm trying to get off of work mad early, so I might be able to try some strats this afternoon.