1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Throw breaking

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by DeadlyLastPush, Aug 25, 2012.

1. DeadlyLastPush

DeadlyLastPush Member

PSN:
    Deathscythe79
    XBL:
    DeadlyLastPush
    I suppose you're right. I should probably just learn what some common side turn situations are based on the opponent and otherwise just concentrate harder.

2. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    After messing around with this, I found out, on a regular Throw Escape you don't need to stick with one direction. After getting your P+G going, (where you're blocking and ready for a neutral throw), you can spin the stick, change directions, and get all crazy, as long as you have the right direction when the throw actually happens. You might change your mind, or just want an easy way of doing it. Someone also mentioned that Wolf's burning hammer has a unique animation that can warn you, and then you could adjust accordingly.. on reaction..

3. smb

smb Well-Known Member

According to another blog you can evade burning hammer and 4 throws. Since burning hammer has more frames than the normal throw you can input 4 throw escape (entered as soon as possible) and then enter 6 after a very slight delay.

In this way if he does a 4 throw like giant swing you will escape it, and then you switch to 6 to escape the burning hammer which executes a few frames slower. I've yet to confirm this is possible in dojo. Social Ruin practiced it for a bit though, and said it appears to work.

(obviously it would work for neutral throw and burning hammer too, but 4 and 6 are his stronger throws.)

Ylyon, Tricky and Andramelech like this.
  4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

giant swing is also 6 as input o_O you maybe mean F5 which is 8624p+g

R_Panda likes this.