1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Throw changes in VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Cause, Feb 6, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: world tournaments

No myke..
    that tournament was not fair...
    U see..the best was not there
    (ME) HAHAHAHAHA!/images/icons/smile.gif

On a serious note, I think one of my biggest regret is playing VF n not knowing abt the tournament at down under./images/icons/mad.gif

If I had known, I could have KSSSSH you alot earlier!/images/icons/smile.gif

Of course, I did not even know how to get online back then without looking at my keyboard when I typed.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'PSO '

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: Throw changes in VF4 hmmm

It could be possible that now both distance, positioning, and command imput affect the throw? That would make for some VERY interesting situations reguarding crouch dashing and e-dashing.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Re: Max Battle, Japan Trip, etc....

If you guys end up going just make sure you tell the rest of the board well in advance!!,I was seriously considering going late this year or early next and a group of people would make it harder for me to get lost,hell I always get lost on the way to Summers house and It's only a couple of minutes from the train station and on a main road!.

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I'm feeling a little stupid now because I remember reading about a couple of seperate tourney's for Tekken one being US and Japan and the other I think took place in the UK with some european and Australian competitors which Ryan Heart (think that's his name) ended up winning,he's a VFer as well yes? thought I read about him on one of Superdoug's reports.

Oh man I really gotta start thinking before I post....NAH

5. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

How bout actually setting a date maybe late this year so people have plenty of time to save the cash..I know I'll need it :) announce it officially on the site perhaps? not a definate date but something to work towards,I really wanna go before I get hopelessly tied down with other commitments.

Hopefully VFX will be in full swing by then and It's as good an excuse as any to finally meet some of the people I've been chatting to for the last year.:)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 2/7/01 06:48 AM.</FONT></P>

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I'd be very interested,certainly some general info would be greatly appreciated,maybe a small report of a couple of paragraphs how much time you must devote? any qualifications required?,benefits? worthwhile experience? just some general stuff if you'd be so kind :)

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

VF Trip...

Should probably set this in another thread.... However, I don't know how likely it's to be.

As for other VF considerations, there is the Poland Tournament and NYG3. For me, I don't know where I'll be working in the Summer, but I guess I'm bound to find out soon. Issue of saving up altogether.

However, I would like a trip where a bunch of us from all over end up meeting each other in Japan. Those that haven't traveled around could spend some time exploring the area and then meet up for some VF for a few hours or so a day and what not. Would be fun (hehe, and Summers and I could go get our asses kicked in Third Strike).

I'm definitely too uncertain to set a date or even organize one. Chances are, I'll have to save up full fare also as parents are pressuring me that I need to start working for travel plans instead of abusing the benefits, so I guess I'll end up doing that. Hmm... Europe, East Coast (NY, Toronto, etc), Japan... This is gonna get spendy.

I don't know how serious everyone is for a Japan trip, but I guess if there's enough people, this definitely is early enough to organize something and try to save up towards. So, if anyone wants to coordinate something like this, I welcome thee. Perhaps start a new thread on a Japan VF trip?

-Chanchai

8. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Actually, if you go to www.peterpayne.net, there's a link to "so you want to teach English in Japan."

I wouldn't be as cynical about it as he is, and he does have a bit of an "us against them" attitude (with "us" being those who have chosen to make Japan their real home and "them" being the screwballs that give English teachers in Japan a bad name.)

But the piece comes from someone who has real experience, put some thought into it, and to whom the topic is important. I would disagree to it to the extent that it only articulates one perspective, that of someone who has chosen to make Japan his home, and undoubtedly your hopes/goals will differ from his.

-Jason

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh god
    It has just occured to me that if we go to Japan together,
    We will be spending half the time looking for you!

HAHA/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Legacy'