1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Throw counterability

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Mar 24, 2001.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hi just wondering if anyone knows how to discover if a move is throw counterable or not?

I mean technically throws are instantaneous so doesn't that mean you should be able to throw someone after blocking any move where you recover first and are near your opponent?,do you need a certain number of frames adv?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

First off, there's the lists. But I know you are more asking about the mechanical aspects. RSW's VF Page contain notes in the moves lists on if they re high or low throw counterable.

If I remember correctly, 25 (maybe it was 30?) frames recovery was the determinant? Well, thank goodness throw counterable moves are clearly makred on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://world.std.com/~opus/vf>Rich's Site</A>

Just checked the site... Looks like any move that has a frame disadvantage of at least 9 when blocked. However, 3d movement is also a factor. For instance Akira's b,f+P+K (back throw counterable) or Aoi's dedging sidekick and their frame disadvantage to a block are less than 9.

-Chanchai

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

you need +8 in frame advantage to throw after blocking something, +9 to throw if hit, +1 if MC. and for many moves the numbers might be there, but it's impossible due to positional and range variables.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I dun know all these frame rates n stuff...
    too confusing for me.

All i know is I get the feel of when to throw, when not to throw.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

SHADUP ABT THE FRAME STATS!!!!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

U dun need them to kick ass!!!!!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

dude, learn to FEEEEEEELLLLLLLL./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I FEEEEEELLLL I'm gonna kick your ass next time I see you,and those frames stats will help me you simple minded fool : P

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Bring it on U mechanical FOOL!!!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

It's not like it's ALWAYS help u in the past b4!!!!

And it sure as well WON'T help u in the future!!!!

And it's not like those SILLY stats can help U stopping my Akira reversing the hell outta u!!!!!!!!!!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just remember to buy me breakfast when U come next time!!!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

Even though I still owe u 5 bucks for helping me to buy breakfast...but I AIN'T paying u cause I gotta save for MOAT!!!!!

And dun call me for help if u're ever lost in the city!!!!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

And remember to bring ur games with ya when u leave....sending PSO to u costed me 6 bucks. So U OWE ME A BUCK!!!!

FOOL!!!!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 03/24/01 02:35 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

8. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

My mechanical aspects are perfectly intergrated into my human side like a well tuned cyborg "ahem"

Your Akira? haha you can't reverse moves when your lying on your ass the whole time FOOL

If you don't wanna send stuff than stop asking me to cart my PS2,DC,Sticks and games to the city all the bloody time.

PS. BUY YOUR OWN DAMN LUNCH /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 03/24/01 02:40 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"My mechanical aspects are perfectly intergrated into my human side like a well tuned cyborg"

That's why U are SUCH A ROBOT when u play!

"you can't reverse moves when your lying on your ass the whole time FOOL"

Does not stop me from winning u FOOL /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

10. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

You may win once in a blue moon but your sloppy play will have you left in the dust at MOAT fool. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Sloppy play???/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif
    it's called creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!

N u know it's true!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    ok...time out bud/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oi, play PSO on the JP server...the US servers are having MASSIVE PREOBLEMS....who knows why...but JP server is more fun anyway/versus/images/icons/smile.gif