1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Throw Escape Challenge with a Pad

Discussion in 'Console' started by VFnOOb, Feb 13, 2007.

1. VFnOOb

VFnOOb New Member

I unfortunately don't have the money to invest in a joystick for my PS2, so I have a bit of a problem. I'm not sure if it is my timing or that I just can't insert them fast enough. During the Throw Escape Challenge it wants you to perform 4 throw escapes after a guaranteed throw move (P+G 6P+G 2P+G and 4P+G). No matter how hard I try or practice I can never get more than 3 of these to register. If anyone has any suggestions or methods that work for them they would be appreciated.

2. Inforcer

Inforcer Well-Known Member

keep practicing .. You will get it

3. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

I've done the 4 escape throw challenge on a pad...

Figure out what order you are going to be able to do it the fastest in... I forget what one I used...

If you don't wind up completing the challenge don't worry about it... It's very difficult to do and I don't think anyone regularly uses E-4TEG in an actual match...

-Alex

4. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    For the throw escapes: do you need to go back to neutral after each one? Does it have to be in that order?

I can't even beat the tutorial one, god I can't escape shit (unless I'm just lucky).

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    No need to return to neutral between each escape, and order doesn't matter.

6. WhiteAngel50000

WhiteAngel50000 Well-Known Member

I manage to escape throws with a PS2 pad.
    It took practice to get the hang of it.