1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Throw Escape Issues - Help please. I suck.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Zero-chan, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Throw escaping has always poised a problem for me, and to this day I still find it rather difficult to anticipate and escape being thrown in certain situations. I seem to be improving, but I've run across problems in two trial sessions for throw escaping, namely 13B and 14B.

13B is the triple throw escape. This is an instance where I really, really wish I could turn on the command entry display to try and see if I'm inputting everything correctly. I seem to be entering everything OK, but I still get my sorry ass thrown. The chart on the side only seems to be listing one input, so I'm guessing that only one is registering for some reason. :\ I'm thinking I'm either
    a. Not fast enough
    b. Entering TTE at the wrong time
    Can someone please try to explain the timing on TTE?

14B is the guard/throw escape scenario. I can escape the throw OK but never can seen to get the guard after TE entry to go through for when he decides to counter. I thought my timing was off, but apparently it's not, because when I try to change the timing of TE entry it fails and I get thrown instead. (--) I read that you have to release P+G and then hit G again immediately, but "immediately" for me still doesn't seen fast enough. (><) Again, could anyone here please explain the timing a little bit?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

TTE: the chart on the side should show all 3 throw escapes if you do it correctly. The timing is pretty strict -- sometimes I end up doing DTE, sometimes TTE. Also, try a move with a long recovery time (e.g. knee) so you can buffer in more throw escapes once you see your move blocked. It's a lot harder (maybe impossible) to TTE a barely throw counterable move.

ETEG: Try d+P, then tap up (or down), then immediately thereafter press P+G then release P (somewhat similar to Akira's knee). Actually, you can press d+P, up, P+G, G as well (hold the last G).

3. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

Well, I found that the TTE trial is easier if you start your escapes with f+P+G instead of P+G. Seems as though it takes a split second longer which will put you in the window for the escape. The easiest order for me was f+P+G, d+P+G then P+G. Yes, it has to be VERY quick. Hehe...I rarely get out of throws in actual game play either. Always been one of my weaknesses in VF and Tekken. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    BTW...my attack for the TTE was the suggested d+K+G with Kage. FeixaQ was faster typing his post that I was. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Zero-chan

I'm using Vanessa for the trials... in 13B the game suggests F,F+P,P to use, but Jerky winds up eating the second hit half the time. Can anyone suggest something better to try?

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The chart on the side only seems to be listing one input, so I'm guessing that only one is registering for some reason. :\ I'm thinking I'm either
    a. Not fast enough
    b. Entering TTE at the wrong time

Which input is the chart listing? Your first, second or third throw escape entry? Or is it different/random each time?

If it's always your first input, you're starting the TTE too late. If it's always the third input, I would guess you're starting too early. I've always been under the impression that throw escapes don't work unless they're input after your opponent has entered in his/her throw command. (But I could be totally wrong about that...) If it's random, I'm afraid your spazzing out then... try and be more precise.

14B is the guard/throw escape scenario

In the arcade, I've done this without releasing G after tapping P+G, but I haven't tested it on the PS2 yet. Unfortunately I can't help much here...

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

For the triple throw escape... I got the trial after a few tries doing it in the order they suggested. It's better to be focusing on speed rather than accuracy. I dunno which move to try with van though. I did the trial with a plain knee (blocked) and then did the escapes in order. I think a common screwup is to try for P+G, f+P+G but jump the gun and spaz out and enter f+P+G, f+P+G. Make sure the joystick isn't going anywhere when you do the first P+G, then do the other two at a medium quick speed. I was surprised at how late I could enter the last escape (as the throw was starting.. maybe it's because the first input escaped the throw, so the game doesn't care if I do the last two a bit slow).

...you can do the throw escapes out of order, but there's a reason for doing P+G first. I think I heard that the input for P+G escapes can be put in a little earlier than all other throw escapes. That's why I say do P+G and then you only need to enter the others at medium-fast speed. There's more time than you might think.

Re: Throw escape - guard. I couldn't get it the correct way (hold P+G, release P) but I could get it by tapping P+G, then releasing both, then pressing G. Try that.
    It's close enough.

7. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

that is the problem with Vanessa,. The CD is wrong the move is supposed to be f,f+p but that is FREAKING hard to break. I can only like one throw escape.

I change the move to another move and it was a breeze. But I forgot the move.... err... maybe you can try DS b,f+p+k or MT f,f+p+k... any move but f,f+p

8. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

I had to admit, the timing when you start Vanessa's TTE was a bit difficult to get used to. That is probably why you are having difficulty.

9. Zero-chan

Haven't tried again with Vanessa yet, but I dug out my saved Sarah file and let her go at 13B. The move the game suggests to you with Sarah is a lot better (DB+K) and give a pretty wide escape entry time. The game counts a successful DTE towards your "score" in 13B, as well. I could only get an actual TTE off once or twice. I guess I still have a speed problem. (._.) Going to go back and try 13B w/Vanessa and 14B again...

10. Zero-chan

err... maybe you can try DS b,f+p+k or MT f,f+p+k...
    Tried both, DS b,f+P+K worked fine for DTE but I had no luck getting a TTE off. The CPU didn't want to counter MT F,F+P+K at all.

OK, off to 14B now...