1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

*Throw Hater*

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Blondie, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1016348358Blonde_one">

What are the biggest obstacles Tekken players are having to overcome?
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1">Low Punching
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2">Button Layout
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3">Character Move commands and Movement
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4">The role throws play, Faster execution frames, and more damage.
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

I've finally somewhat graduated from being overwhelmed by Low Punch abusing. The guard button hasn't been a problem since after the first week of playing. Also, the moves are second nature now. But the throws are what I'm working on most. In VF throws are more damaging and faster than in Tekken, What do you guys think?

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Put down one vote for:

"Whats Tekken?"

3. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

To tell the truth, I've always liked the throws in VF better. They are just more rewarding, IMO. It's easier to escape throws in Tekken, maybe making them less favorable because of the chance of missing.

In VF, connecting a throw usually means you've chosen a good time/good throw against the opponent. Also, It makes the game more challenging and entertaining at high levels, as you observe the actions of throwing and escaping, plus the followups to throw escapes and throws themselves.

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

I totally agree, just kind of wondering about what other people thought. I just have to get used to that high risk high reward system that VF has. I love it =). Also to see where tekken players are getting hung up, I was one myself so I sympathize.

5. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

The main problem I have always had with VF as opposed to say Tekken is the usage of a "Block Button". I think I was weened too much on Street Fighter and have always hated the block button in any game. You get used to it, but early on you eat alot of damage due to being a creature of habit and pulling back to block.

6. Hadaka

Hadaka Member

The complete opposite for me - I've never learned to pull back on the stick. When I pull back, I want to move back. I never really got into games that had backwards block.

7. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Agreed... when I play TTT I often find myself hitting LK to block, and doing lots of ineffective sidesteps. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif