1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Throwing glitches...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Another random post from Chanchai here. Anyways, does anybody know how to purposefully do any throwing glitches? The teleportation glitches anyways. Doesn't have to be as extreme as the Wolf against Kage M_death movie. The computer's pulled them off on me every once and awhile, and so did KBCat... was curious if there were any specific conditions that are known to cause these.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Chanchai, you're going to have to give me more information - I'm not quite sure what you mean. What sort of things were you seeing? You don't mean the throw out of Akira's bodycheck do you?

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I too know the frustration of trying to figure out the throw glitch requirments the other day I tried p,k on cpu sarah and she ducked then warped and side threw me.Then against a friend I did kage b,b,k+g and he warped and side low throwed me with wolf have you seen and net documentation at all on this? I've tried to recreate the circumstances but to no avail ):

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 8/2/00 09:22 AM.</FONT></P>

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Doomboy has a similar idea to what I'm talking about. Happens more often against computer, and I've noticed, it happens quite a bit with uramawari type situations... For me, I guess I can say it happens when you miss an uramawari but are not quite too far off.... I guess that means you do the ura, but the opponent got up the proper way for the situation (besides using E). Well, I'm finally going back to my campus tonight to do more work on my apartment, but I have a tape of KBCat accidentally doing one of these to me, however, I think it was a move instead of a throw. I'll try to encode it, should be 5 seconds so not so much space. I'll try to encode and compress it, but I'm really new to that... If I find it and capture it properly, I'll post it on my campus account and provide a link (wouldn't want to waste vfdc space on this). If I have any others, I'll post those too. But basically, teleportation throw/side throw/back throw glitches... I've seen them too often against CPU and am sure I've seen them a few times with my matches against KBCat.

-Chanchai

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i know what you're talking about - instant side throws after whiffed K's or PK's. i don't think that's a glitch..i think you're *just* barely within side throw parameters after a whiffed (P)K. it's just too far for the animation to be smooth. kinda like how you can occasionally side throw lau after a whiffed PPPK; the opponent is facing you juuussst within side throw requirements.