1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

throwing stomach crumbling opponents?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by jackybrothas, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: Fall down animations

H/M/LKD sucks. Sucks sucks SUCKS. H/M/L is confusing. "What, Akira's QCB+P is a high kd? I thought that move hit mid?" some newbie will say.

I'm renovating GLC's VF4 guide, and in it I'm just calling it head/stomach/foot crumble so there's absolutely no confusion. If we absolutely NEED abbreviations for it, I suggest H/S/FKD. More intuitive, especially if what the H/S/F stand for and are outlined clearly for people to see.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to go with that as well. No need to recycle high/mid/low for everything.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm, good point. The H/M/L thing isn't THAT bad; its meaning is guess-able without having to consult a glossary...and we've been using a similar convention for years with VF3's reversals.

That said, I'm not particular one way or another. Either way's good.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Kuzure Down Types

Page 13 of the Blackbook describes the three Kuzure Down types as Head, Stomach and Feet.

So, HKD, SKD, FKD is fine by me.

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ayuh...instead of depending on the good old memory in my head
    I went n tried it out today
    after Jacky's low backfist is blocked...he has no absolute initiative...case in point, even Jeffery's low p can hit me after that~~~~~

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Kuzure Down Types

I really think of stomach KD as "the" KD... but that's just me. =)

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: Kuzure Down Types

*that's* why I was saying too... :)

damn black book...messing us up.

cheers,