1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tier List?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by EscapingJail, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Ken_I

Ken_I Well-Known Member

Re: New Tougeki Tier List

How come Vanessa isn't in S class?
    I imagine she would be really good in VF5. I mean, she has a lot of tools to use once you figure out how your opponent plays.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I just don't think there's that much difference tier to tier. Consider that every single character made it to the KS4 national tournament!

3. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

ah good old tiers hehe. I dont soley believe in tiers liek I use to. My mai character is sarah. my other two mains ae jacky and pai. Hmm Sarah is bottom tier. Interesting indeed. All the more fun. Cant wait to see the sarah players there :). Low tier ftw.

4. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

I am a rooter of the underdog as you see.

5. Pancho

Pancho Member

Is there any place online where there is a more complete discertation of the reasoning behind the tier placement? Not because I am interested in tier whoring in this game, obviously that isn't as critical in the VF series, but because as a student of the game it would be a good read as far as giving me a concrete summary of every characters specific strengths, weaknesses. There hasn't been posts in this thread in a while, so if any additional discussion/resources/new tier lists were presented it would be very helpful IMO.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I remember shou and sekaijin had one on there form. But suffice to say it's the difference in the risk/reward ratio.

Lei Fei, Kage, Pai, and Shun don't have to put themselves at much risk in order to land big damage.

Where as Sarah/Aoi/Jeffery must take larger risks to get similar damage.

Not to mention the upper tiers tend to have more tricks and tools up their sleeves that can be really difficult to deal with if you're not very good.

7. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Kinda off topic but...when is Kakutou Shinseiki V? Or the next big JP national tourney?

8. DammyG

DammyG Well-Known Member

otenami haiken preliminaries should start in autumn, around october I think, the finals are quite a bit later though.