1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

tier list

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by TheBigL, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

dude you sound like a first grader who just learned 1+1 talking about math theories.
    S T F U, and go back to sucking japanese cock, you fucking idiot.

Elite likes this.
  2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

"I don't doubt the existence of the tiers because if things are different you are rarely going to get them to be precisely equal,"

well put. i agree totally.

"by the way, taking out skill is a ridiculous concept. VF is built around skill and for any character to be effective (top or bottom tier) they must be used with skill."

i think you miss understand, when i say remove the human skill factor, i am only trying to say that without ANY FORM OF HUMAN INPUT (meaning that the chararcters are fighting on a totally theoretical basis), the winner must surely be the better character, as there are no other factors involved. as for the A.I. being able to maiximise one character better, these are other factors, and i was trying to say that if you removed ALL OTHER FACTORS, then the only thing left would be character strength. i realise that there will never be a way of totally removing all other elements, but if there were, then it would prove which characters were better.

i think the best way to look at tiers, is that they exist, but they are such a small factor in the game that they are almost never an issue.

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

hay guts whatss going on ib thid threaf?

Elite likes this.
  4. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    I agree. Taking out the "human factor" from VF is just insane. People should begin to take things as they are, not make VF eat something that some Tekken 4/ C vs SNK shitted the day before yesterday.

At least that matchup table in SC.com took the concept somewhere. I wouldn´t really mind it for Evo. It is far more interesting to discuss things more accurately, not to take some stupid allmighty tier-ranking bible on the table every time something goes wrong.

Just take it as it is, you doubting thomases:

"VF happens to be one fucking well balanced fighting game"

5. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

Yeah, I sort of get what you mean Ev2. But like you said, it is impossible to take out all other factors and that is what I was getting at in a convoluted way.

6. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

yeah, i know that human skill is what seperates the men from the boys, i was just trying to think of a theoretic way to show which characters are higher tier.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shang said:

dude you sound like a first grader who just learned 1+1 talking about math theories.
    S T F U, and go back to sucking japanese cock, you fucking idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better get your homosexual agressions out, Shang. I'm outta here in about three weeks. I'm not fucking around either -- get 'em out, 'cause you'll never have a chance to masturbate to my replies after said date. And no, I won't be making your VF pajama parties.

I will give you kudos though... can't believe Myke hasn't banned you after years of annoying, pointless trolling.

8. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

yeah, i know that human skill is what seperates the men from the boys, i was just trying to think of a theoretic way to show which characters are higher tier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed before A LOT. No consensus has been reached upon the matter. Any theoretical hypertheory one can make up, there can mostly be just as heavy counter argument out there. Tiers aren´t needed in Evo.

9. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

Top 3? Try finals in my case! Every time, and I do mean EVERY time I play the WMAC2, Chibita ALWAYS makes the finlas, won't always win though. Like that matters much. He still gives me a good thrashing every now and then.

10. IronJUNKIE

IronJUNKIE Well-Known Member

Top tier?

Its all about my man Mr. Hinogami!! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fuk Akira, Jacky, Lau, and Kage

11. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Suddenly this "interesting" topic has got some new blood. Goh rules!

12. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Look here you Chink I'm going to enjoy pimping your ass if you ever come back to the east coast and that includes your tigglish brother too. Yeah, I'd said it, what?!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. IronJUNKIE

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

Look here you Chink I'm going to enjoy pimping your ass if you ever come back to the east coast and that includes your tigglish brother too. Yeah, I'd said it, what?!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe tigglish is spelled ticklish...callin me chink....chigga please! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

DUDE, where the fuck are you? Come back home to the land where people don't spout "BITCH" at random and to where corn is actually eaten and not cherished! O_O

*note: blatant jab at my WC vfers /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. IronJUNKIE

Mr. Jercules....

actually I'll be back in the bean 2moro...n will be stayin for a lil bit... so be prepared for to get ur ass whooped by the weakest of beantown....bizzatch!!

urs truly,
    Tetsuchegro /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

muahahahahahahaha

16. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    And your point in this tier question was...? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

17. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    IronJUNKIE said:

Top tier?

Its all about my man Mr. Hinogami!! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fuk Akira, Jacky, Lau, and Kage

[/ QUOTE ]

right on man!

18. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

also note that goh has 2 punch and elbow sabakis wich can render a LOT of akira´s moves useless, not to mention his gay starters, if you develop good yomi and good intelligent throw game with goh then akira WILL be weaker

19. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Shrm / Double Palm / Double Fist Strike / Knee...
    Goh please enter coin to continue. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

...shang....seriously....and you even included a funny face....I.....I'm near speechless.

GE