1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to do better combos....

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by kingo, Aug 7, 2015.

1. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Ok, I was watching some streams and archives and I still wonder why some Aoi players are still using some cheap combos with less advantage on wake up for less damage...

1/ Crumple combos -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P][+][K][P] against LW and MW ---> NO

Use [2][K][P] -> [P] -> [6][K][K] instead. 72 dmg, for same meaty potential, and keep your foe closer.
    If by any chance, you are doing [2][K][P] too late, so that [P] may whiff, just do [6][K][K]
    Yeah, [2][K][P] -> [6][K][K] gives more damage than [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P][+][K][P].
    And gives you more advantage on a wake up opponent ( so that slow moves like [4][6][P][+][K], [1][P] and even [4][6][P]![P][+][G] can become meaty )
    And guess what ? It also works on Akira !

There is no point using [2][K][P] -> [P] -> [6][4][P][+][K][P] : less damage, and worse advantage on wake up..

2/ [6][6][K] -> [2][K][P] -> [6][4][P][+][K][P] against MW --> NO

The game is out for 3 years now, time to learn better combos, don't you think ?
    vs Brad, Goh, Lei Fei, Kage, Lau you have :

[6][6][K] -> [2][K][P] -> [K][P][K]
    68 is better than 62...

( If you're confident enough, [6][6][K] -> little delay -> [3][3][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [6][6][P][+][K][P] )

It works also on Jacky but you have to dash before the [2][K][P] part.

It's OK to use cheap combos like [6][K][P] then [2][K][P][P] only vs HW or bad connections online...

3/ wall combos, ( [P][+][K] Bound or [3][K][+][G] wall slump )followed by [6][K][K]

What the hell ? You know [6][6][P][+][K][P] does the same damage but actually gives sooooo much better okizeme ?

Against Jacky for example, you can even OM and low throw, something you cannot do by ending with [6][K][K]
    There is no meaty possibilities after [6][K][K] (unless it's Taka). So why using that string ?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    BLACKSTAR, oneida, Sozos and 5 others like this.
  2. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    The 66K > 33P+K > P > 66P+KP is the standard I use on male middle weights and I agree after 3 years people should be at a higher standard on their combos and movement. Hope this thread helps some people step up their combo game :cool:

Dark Nova Void and kingo like this.
  3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Great thread, I've thought about making one for general punishment since like juggles, after 3 years nobody punishes anything properly in this game and you can get away with 6K being only punished by PK or a throw.

Stop sucking, people.

4. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

Doesn't Aoi deny launch punishes from her sweeps using Yin-Yang or are people being too slow? Because it happens to jp players. Does it have some thing to do with being too far thus the extra frame gives Aoi YY time if it was an exact frame punish that was being attempted?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Yes, but doing this does not work against head-attack, shoulder-attack, double-limbed or low-hitting launchers.

Kruza

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Mold_Monkey93 likes this.
  6. Aoi in chinatown

Aoi in chinatown Member

PSN:
    Rawalpindiblues
    I'll write some other combos i've learned or fooled around with since i still am having trouble with proper damage output and using the aoi combos mentioned

Lighter weight characters
    [6][6][+][K], [3][3][+][P][+][K], [P][P][6][P][P]

Taka
    [3][3][P][+][K], [6][K][+][G], [P][P][P][K] for 70 damage i have no clue if there's more optimized stuff

7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    [3][3][P][+][K], [6][K][+][G], [4][4][P], (BT)[2][K][P][P] --> 74
    Staple and easy, and good advantage if Taka techs.

[3][3][P][+][K], [6][K][+][G], dash [2][K][P], [6][K][K] does slightly more damage ( 81 ), but less oki.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Aoi in chinatown and Manjimaru like this.
  8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes, but the tenchievade to the side actually evades in time most of these options. (all that are not circular to that side) Its hard to avoid the punishes reliably since you need to read your opponent and time the evade, but the possibility exists. If opponent predicts the tenchi evade you're in trouble of course.