1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Timing on reverse kickflip

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Dec 16, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

There was a discussion here some time ago about Kage's ub+K reverse kickflip, when Kage's back is exposed to his opponent (this is the attack in which Kage doesn't turn around, and where "b" refers to the direction he's not facing). I believe ice-9 mentioned that for a long time he didn't believe the move existed. We (the group I play in) think we noticed something about this reverse kickflip, and about Lau's similar reverse kickflip as well. If we input the ub+K right away after a TA attack, the reverse kickflip comes out fairly easily, both for Kage and Lau. But if we let Kage/Lau remain with their back exposed for a bit before making an attack, then it seems impossible to make the reverse kickflip work. Kage/Lau will just turn around without attacking. Is there a timing/frames thing here that we have stumbled across, just like Lions' TA attack --> P+K, where the turn toward P+K comes out only if you do it almost immediately (within a few frames) after a TA attack?
    Wolfstudent

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If you try this in the Training Mode, you'll notice that almost always a u/b is inputted first before the true u/b+K. The reverse kickflip is tricky because if the input is not buffered in (as in a TA attack), you must have u/b+K exactly. Tapping u/b first, even if its a frame, will cause Kage to turn around.

So it's very possible to do a u/b+K any time...you just have to be more precise. I also use G -> u/b+K to help me out a bit, but the timing even for that is a bit tricky and takes getting used to.

ice-9 | Sennin