1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny boogers of VF4 Ver. C info.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by CreeD, Jan 21, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

found on <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/>http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/</a> and then a horrible translation with altavista renders this:

Distribution time 1 / 28 compared to 1/31
    From formal work start schedule 2/3 (there is the indication from the SEGA, expectation) --> 2/3 we'll see it all over arcades I guess.

New rank --->dragon god/emperor
    Bookkeeping functions (more)
    Many more vf.net items.
    The usual speed/damage tweaks. (wish we could get more on these)
    Once a vf.net card is used with version C, it won't work on ver. B anymore.

That's about all I could get out of it.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Dragon God Emperor? Hmm, sounds like Dune if you ask me =P

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hmm, thanks for the update Creed.

Wow, around 6 days for the game to show up in Japan. Cool. All the emperors have to start from scratch now eh? hehe.

Speaking of revisions, can anyone confirm to me whether the update is through a disc or if a replacement of hardware is necessary? I'm guessing with the load times that exist in VF4, it would be a disc, and also with the Naomi 2 format, but I haven't fully looked into the Naomi 2 setup at all.

-Chanchai

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I think it's both eeproms and gd-roms. The US version (and I'm guessing most export) is just a cart.

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

All the emperors have to start from scratch now eh? hehe.

Erm... if they use they card with version C, they won't be able to revert it to B - the ranking stays though.

6. sansan

sansan Active Member

I wonder how much the arcades are paying per upgrade. We can't have a new version every now and then. Imagine if they are doing the same with the PS2 VF4.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Upgrade's free, because Sega loves us all.

8. sansan

sansan Active Member

CreeD,

Tx for the assurance. I was afraid Sega became the next Mircosoft, considering they had such close contact with Xbox /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Think there's any chance of US arcades getting the Ver C upgrade?

Spotlite

10. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

mmPh. mmPhuH. mmMpphuAH. mmphBWAaAHahHAHHAhhaHAH!H@H!@H!H2h1h!@12hjh13k;;'

ahem.

AaHAHHh bWWAhaHHAhahAHHhHHAHJH!JKHkjh3jkh!@~21#

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

12. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

US arcades might not, but if North America is getting any Ver.C action, I know Canada's getting it first /versus/images/icons/smile.gif !

13. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

U.S. always seems to be last in getting anything updated....