1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for a n00b Kage player

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by SolidSnakeSSD, Apr 4, 2002.

1. SolidSnakeSSD

SolidSnakeSSD New Member

I recently got VF4. I havn't played the series since VF2 on the saturn. Since I got the game I've used nobody except Kage. Right now I'm 1st dan in Kumite mode, but generally I can't seem to get any higher rank as I get my ass handed to me by 50% of the opponents I face which are usually 1st dan - 10th dan.

Basically, I would appreciate any hints, tips, advice on how to stay in the game. It annoys me that Kage has such a craptastic array of low combos (IE: none?).

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

ya know... it's weird... I have a Sega Saturn, since it came out in the US.... And I always felt like the Saturn owning population was so small, and half of it was visiting Dave Z's site back in the day (if they had internet connection anyways)....

But suddenly.... one of the most popular lines goes something like this: "I haven't played VF since VF2 on Saturn when I mastered Akira...."

Man... How big was the Western Saturn population anyways?! (not that I believe anybody who claimed really mastered Akira either) And did any of those people buy a Dreamcast?! -- btw, I know SolidSnakeSSD didn't say he mastered Akira.

-Chanchai

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved. Plenty of Kage related threads around. Try searching next time.

4. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It's not about low attacks, it's about throwing. Kage has one of the most dangerous throws in the game as it can win him a round instantly by ring out.

Anyway, Kage's turn away sweep (bb+K+G) can be annoying. I think the head pounce is guaranteed afterwards in Ver C... not sure now...

He has a good low punch (like everyone else)
    What more do you need? d+K+G type sweeps do very crappy damage, are slow, and are very easily punished severely when they are blocked.

Search for Kage combos... some of the most extensive/specific research has been done on TFT combos.