1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TKOD in VF5

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by KoD, May 18, 2007.

1. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I see that the TKOD is now +2 on normal hit in VF5, instead of -1 in VF4. Doesn't this mean that the hit-throw is guaranteed on any hit now?

If that's so, why doesnt this see as much usage as the knee - half a lifebar on any hit, cd fuzzy on guard, same speed as the knee? Doesnt work on crouching opponents?

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

as far as i know the TKOD has always being garanteed on MC. as to why its not used much, no clue, but I always try to go for it and the special TKOD as well :p (d+k, bb, 236+pg), the WTF move since vf1 hehe

3. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    My point is that before, the reason it was only guaranteed on MC was cause 2K was -1 on normal hit, so they could hit you out of the throw.

Now 2K is +2 on normal hit . . . throw guaranteed on any hit?

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's based on frames or just something arbitrarily programmed in. I've only tried going for TKOD on normal hit once or twice but both times failed...I'll experiment with it this weekend if I get to play.

5. jherb5000

jherb5000 Well-Known Member

you can only connect with the TKOD on a normal hit if your opponent simply stands and guards, anything else even duck will make it whiff.

6. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Maybe a dumb question but what is TKOD?

7. jherb5000

jherb5000 Well-Known Member

Toe Kick of Doom... It is a hit throw that has been in the game since forever. 2K 236P+G but it's only guarenteed if 2K hits as a MC. Otherwise you can be countered.

8. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    DFG,

TKOD is Toe Kick Of Doom, or Jeffry's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (only 2nd hits).

Upon Jeffry's kicking foot returns to the ground you input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and land a 70 damage throw.

I've never seen it in a vid and I never attempted in a match (like I have experience... pfft).
    ------

Ninja'd!

9. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Is that the kick that you can hestiate low for a knockdown?

10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Naw, you're thinking of his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in evo).
    -----

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a linear toe-kick to the gut (mid).

And his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif animation was changed from a high kick to his toe-kick, to high kick to knee, but I think TKOD is still possible

11. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    Hey guys, I'm new here.

Can someone PLEASE post a vid of this move? I've owned every copy of this game, (except this one...come on 360!!!) and I've never seen/done this move!!!!

I'm begging you guys!!!!

12. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I'm not sure if there is a vid of this move because it is rarely used (and he doesn't need it anyway).

Just practice the timing (Jeffry's foot returning to the floor) and don't get frustrated.

-----

I do like the energy and urgency of your post. It is almost as if someone's life is at stake or you're just insane.

13. Attorney4Hire

PSN:
    Roperband
    ^^ "You may be right, I may be crazy; but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for."

I've been psyched for this game's release for a long time now, and my only fix is watching these vids. All I have is 360, so I can't even play older versions. Anyway, I always thought this move was a mistake, so I was excited at the prospect of seeing it in action.

I need to see that move!!! LOL!!!

14. INCIDENT

INCIDENT Well-Known Member

Ummm.....I think TKOD is one of those "!" moves in command training where you can highlight it on the list, push select and it demonstrate the move.

15. Attorney4Hire

PSN:
    Roperband
    Yeah, if I had VF5 I may be able to try it...oh well, have to wait for the 360 version.

Thanks anyway guys.

16. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

you've owned every copy of the game and have never done or seen this move done? It was dead easy in VF1 and VF2!

I'm not one to plug my own stuff but some time back I made VF1 vids and in the Jeffry one I showed the TKoD warp. basically, delete the warp from your mind and this is what it looks like.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pmmDKmsr4o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pmmDKmsr4o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

26 seconds in.

GE

17. Attorney4Hire

PSN:
    Roperband
    Hey, thanks man...it's tough to ignore the warp but I appreciate the thought. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

(It's hard to go into training mode when you have brothers who want to play too).

18. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

It's in VF4 and in Evo too, if you have those just go through the move list.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    TKOD is DAMN usefull. Completly safe, easy to do, not so bad distance, damage from hell. I use it time-by-time, and it is really great tool

20. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    2 things -

Anyone tested to see if tkod is really guaranteed on counter hit anymore? Tried it out w/ a friend mashing Pai's P, and he was able to hit me after a counter hit before jeff's foot was anywhere near the floor (what I usu. use for timing). Maybe backdash would help with this, and sudden_ was saying there are multiple windows for tkod, but . . .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bXqqh-RZVoE
    at about 0:50 has a pretty interesting tkod setup - does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as the last hit of the wall combo, then the hit throw to catch ak as he rolls.