1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TKOD

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by mindelixir, Jul 23, 2003.

1. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

Gotta love Jeff. Nothing quite feels like getting the range right to CD backwards as the opponent rises kicking and smash the [4][6][6]+[P]+[K], [P], [K],[K],[P]...... and he's great in Evo. The kenka seems to be a whole lot more useful and able to hit much lower to the ground floaters. But on to my question. Who the hell actually uses the TKOD? I mean it's strong as hell but the timing is so screwy that I haven't really seen many people utilizing it. Is it worth trying to incorporate in my game?

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Jeff rocks, no doubt about it. As for the TKoD, try waiting until Jeff's foot is just about to touch the ground to enter the [2][3][6][P]+[G]...or you might instead prefer to look for your opponent's head bouncing back up from the hit...when their head's in that splash mountain notch, you've got 'em for about 6" of lifebar (depending of course upon the size of your tv). Half a lifebar is significant. Maybe you don't see it in vids so much because good players do that escape-all-your-grabs-you-transparent-bastard thing.

3. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

I have to say. Jeffrey is one of the easier opponents to fight against. Despite his load of throws, he doesn't exploit them in the same way that wold does to punish you.

4. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

TKoD is guaranteed after getting an MC toe kick, while it is quite easy to get out of on normal hit. So at 101pts damage on MC, plus a very likely ground stomp, long range, and being uncounerable on block, I don't see why more people don't use this move(although I remember seeing one clip of a Jeff player landing two, maybe even three, of these in a match). Plus, on normal hit Jeff still has the punch follow-up to stuff any counterattacks(as long as you don't delay it too long). In other words, I think it's awesome.

TKoD was the move that got me to start playing Jeff. The only thing you need to know to use it is the difference between a normal and MC toe kick, I just listen fot the MC sound effect. If you hear it or see a yellow flash then finish it off QCF+P+G, don't worry you have a little over half a second, giving you plenty of time to react.

On the timing issue, sanjuro gave you good advice on waiting for Jeff's leg to almost touch the ground before you enter QCF+P+G...this is around 39 frames after you enter d+K.

5. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

Is the throw part escapable?

6. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

The short answer is no, but you can avoid the throw on a normal hit toe kick by attacking Jeff out of the throw part. But if you score an MC hit with the toe kick then there is nothing they can do but watch in horror as they lose over half-bar, assuming you entered QCF+P+G at the right time and not too late.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Me hates that move.

8. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Me hates that move.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must get hit with it a lot! The toekick has killer reach and can easily be a decent part of any jeff's arsenal. Llan uses Jeff most in Toronto and he has a knack for crushing stuff at a distance with it. ugh.

GE

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

There's a very strong Jeff player I play against (pissed him off b/c I knocked his Shun and Vanessa down to 10-dan, and his Jeff is only one loss away from getting to 10-dan thanks to me. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) but he NEVER uses it. There's a guy that's more or less at my level, but he has mastered this move, truly. He pulls it off at least once a match, if not two. I hate it.