1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

To all old school players from vf2 and vf3 (if there are any left??)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Air Jacky, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ETPharaoh

ETPharaoh Well-Known Member

Re: To all old school players from vf2 and vf3 (if there are any left?

[ QUOTE ]
    MADrox said:

Yes ,, i remember you now.. i think you didnt have a great lion when chicago tourney happened,, then we go to MN and you did well against shota.. You were really easy to talk to.
    It was a great time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I never attended any of the Chicago tournaments. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

I do remember the debacle over little Bryan winning the tourney with his "machi" style, and the ensuing discussion on the hg.com VF site, which I believe you can still find.

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am trying to rebuild the scene here...it really died after Jun left and another one of my friends - wessley went mia, and creed left to Maine...I want to play vf, but do not b/c nobody around does - see my d.c thread in jamboree....
    Yep, we met at NYG1 or 2 I think.

You ever go smack Ed around in Chicago?

GE: I'd love some VF3TB and VF2 action...hell yeah I'd be down to help out.

3. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Ed,, since he had a baby ,, we kind of all left him alone.. but he 's still really active on hg.com message board and with his wing chun training.

Pharoah:
    yeah,, i remember that big time with brian.. it was just funny. It wa also his personality that made people not a big fan of him. you heard from him? he still in MN?

4. Shadowdean

I've beena ll but strangling ed to let a friend and I take control of HG and try to ressurect it. IT was THE best gaming site on the web, now its a shitty message board that has not crawled out of the mid 90s. Ed was saying he wanted to get back into VF, though I have a hard time seeing it, esp with no more Shota.

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

I agree with you about the site > it still has nothing but potential.. i liked it a lot and has the great name to go with it.
    Well with shota not here, it does change the chi scene, but he may still have an interest.
    lets see if we can lure him out again.
    what happened to game411.com?
    havntg heard from travis in a while,, i know he kept in touch with shota and others.

old-stino

6. Shadowdean

game411.com folded a while ago sadly...along with the virtual-on site associated with it...I can't remember the moniker of the guy who ran that...I do know that shota, ed, and a few of the other old school cats had a bit of a disagreement about how to direct the site...and that is about when it died (ie - no more recoil, contests, reviews, vf section died, etc). Maybe HG can ressurect with VF5?

7. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

yeah,, i think it ran a little deeper than a disagreement about the site. but people slowly started dwindling. Ithink we played VF4 a couple times before he got married.
    just like other scenes,, that only have a couple players left.
    WE need a reunion somewhere .

distant-stino

8. Shadowdean

I agree...its time for another national gathering!!!!! Light the fires and send out the carrier pidgeons!

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

[ QUOTE ]
    Shadowdean said:

I agree...its time for another national gathering!!!!! Light the fires and send out the carrier pidgeons!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire lit.

10. Shadowdean

I know, I know...I am budgeting as we speak!!! It would be nice if we could get 3 -- 4 large gatherings like this a year...one in each location in the states.

11. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

This actually sounded more of a socal gathering than a reunion calling. Still a great effort on the conversion..
    Unfortunatley,, it sounds very tempting --- should i budget it it??? ill see if any fellow chi-klans men want to join .. Ill post in that thread.

other than that ,, i'd like vf2 /3 to be part of a reunions festivities.. i miss taka

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

It started out as a SoCal thing - however it's starting to snowball beyond what I expected. This is going to kick major ass.

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

Even though I'm not sure if I could make it, I think a gathering that focused ONLY on VF2/3 would be sweet. I think if people also had VF4, we'd just all start playing that, and the older games'd seem like a novelty. I remember when I brought VF3 to Plagues house, I had a hard time getting people to play for long.

Bryan

14. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

im sure jack is up for some vf3 if available.