1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

To Vanessa Players

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by shadowmaster, Nov 13, 2006.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    As a user and fan of Vanessa I would like to know what moves and strategies would be best by those that have dominated the game with her. I know or her as well and have gone through the basic move lists and picked out my favorites and I play as good as the game does but I would like to know strategies you use with her and what stance you prefer whether it be her offensive or defensive one. I prefer her defensive one most of the time with the higher damage potentials she has with that stance. How about you guys?

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I don't want to be a dick, but really man, did you do any research before posting?

Search:

- Forum(s) to search: Character and Technique Training

- Keyword search terms: vanessa (in subject)

- Date range: Newer than: 4 Year(s)

Click on Submit.

It works, really.

3. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    [ QUOTE ]
    GLC said:

I don't want to be a dick, but really man, did you do any research before posting?

Search:

- Forum(s) to search: Character and Technique Training

- Keyword search terms: vanessa (in subject)

- Date range: Newer than: 4 Year(s)

Click on Submit.

It works, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before in my post I all about her I use her frequently and went through the training and sections in the site talking about her as well and I have been doing this for a long time before I joined this forum. I know about how she is played she is one of my favorites. What is wrong with talking to others that play her to share ideas that they use that I might have over looked. I can honestly understand why you say this if I were a noob that didn't know how to play her at all but I play her very well. Why can't I just ask others about specific things they do that I might do myself or might have not looked into. If I start a thread here I can gain the player insight from the players directly. What is wrong with that? I don't need the help mind you I just want to start a a healthy conversation here that is all.

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You asked some basic questions, that's why I directed you to relevant posts:

[ QUOTE ]
    As a user and fan of Vanessa I would like to know what moves and strategies would be best by those that have dominated the game with her. I know or her as well and have gone through the basic move lists and picked out my favorites and I play as good as the game does

[/ QUOTE ]

5. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

shadowdean is one of the most entertaining posters on vfdc.

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    If only there were character forums... eh? EH?

But, the search function does offer a lot (though not really enough [is it ever enough for you? {Shut up ass!} ] ).

As for my Vanessa Strats for the present:

I can't give any real strats because the only people I play against are braindead in regards to the fighting game genre.

But regardless, though I do prefer her defensive stance, her offensive has some nice perks.

(insert string)4P["blow back"]_6P+K_6P is a great way to get into their heads. Also a lot of her OS strings are pretty safe to stop in the middle (block or not) to set up counters (by new move if in advantage or rest of string on disadvantage).

V (letter of the day!!!!) is for Vanessa, which is also for versatile, switch it up and find out what works for you.

L Disadvantage? Maybe throw out DS 46K
    Rising attack? Reversal or sabaki (I assume 1p works on a SWs, I don't know as I always mess up the timing somehow)
    2P'd to death? DS 43P+K into whatever you feel
    Just use G2_8P (if only I can time the 2p right everytime /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Blah blah

Someone who knowsmore, please come.