1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Breakfast

Discussion in 'General' started by ReCharredSigh, Jul 1, 2002.

1. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

Tokyo Breakfast

have you guys seen this?

just watch it...then we'll discuss later...supposedly it's funny on one end, but on the other spectrum, it can be pretty low-class.

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Motherfucking Fujitsu heavy industries niggah, thats OLD .

3. ReCharredSigh

sorry man, i just saw it recently

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Thats ok, first saw it well over a year ago .
    Im sure most people here havent seen it yet tough .
    Its an awesome trial for a new comedy wich sadly didnt pass the test, I like it niggah .

5. ReCharredSigh

what i liked about it was that it was one of the 1st steps to breaking down the barriers between people; don't you find it weird that when we use the term nigga towards blacks(even with friendly intentions) that they get pissed? and so if it's a derogeratory word, why do they get to use it amongst themselves like it means brother? but this little clip is one of the few things that slowly breaks down the barriers...japanese people acting like black people toward each other...it's funny, AND it teaches an important lesson...words are generally meaningless if you take them into use of the right context.

at least that's what i think.

6. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Yeh, its ok when my japanese brothers say nigga. Cuz you know. We relate and shit.

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I also saw this pilot that crashed a while ago. Altough amusing at first, I don't see the point of having an ebonic asian family TV show. Just think about it for a sec.. the gimmick will wear off in a mere two episode's time. Then what?

8. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

If someone from another race says "nigger" to a black person it is racist IMO. It's just a word but, if someone says to you "fuck you" then you'd be offended wouldn't you?

Almaci, it seems like you have no respect for people who are sensitive to this subject, don't go throwing that word around like it's nothing.

9. BakuBaku

King, now im speaking as a black man. Some people well mostly white people get offended when they hear the word 'nigger' and I dont like to hear people say that either. I understand some black people are highly sensitive to the subject but really......its a Joke. They didnt actually go up to anyone and say 'Nigger'. But there is a difference between Nigga and Nigger. [G] This would be a sucky show though. It was funny the first time I saw it.

10. HighKing

Forget it, post deleted.

11. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

12. HighKing

Oh it's you again, are you still illiterate?

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I've downloaded the clip and after watching it I must say that it rubbed me the wrong way. I found it ignorant and insensitive. There's no way they'd get away with that in the west, no way at all.

Living in England I haven't been influenced by the mentality you can find in America where we as Black people should "claim" the word, and thus use it in daily conversation. It pisses me off to hear it because I've heard it in the context that it was designed for. That they trivialise the word as some sort of comedy slogan baffles me and makes me wonder what sort of person would come up with such a concept. What sort of prick would watch a programme like that?

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Adio so you generally find stuff like The league of gentlemen, The FAST show, Monthy Python, The two Ronnies, The Royle family, Porridge, Open all hours, Are you being served, Goodnes gracious me, The young ones etcetera etcetera devoid of humour and offensive beyond believe then ?

15. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Give me an example where any of those shows have resorted to using racial slurs to gain ratings and then had the nerve to call it comedy. The only thing you could possibly comment about is Goodness gracious me but even that show didn't throw around explosive words like they were spare change. Combined with the fact that it was a show made up entirely of Asian comedians who were taking shots at their own culture, like the Real Mckoy had done before. I don't ever remember the Real Mckoy mentioning the word Nigger/Nigga. The ITC (the organisation for British television standards) would never allow it.

I haven't got a clue where you came up with the others as examples. For the record I'm a huge fan of the Fast Show and Monthy Python's Flying Circus (don't presume to know or generalise anything about my tastes). Which were grade A comedy shows that didn't stoop to such crass material.

16. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Buone estende
    Este efefefefe feeefefefefefe .
    You dont regard the mediteranian TV Channel on the fast show as racially stereotyped then ?
    What about the German teacher in League of Gentlemen .
    How about the priests who said FECK all the time in Father Ted and the way the clergy was presented there ?
    Need I go on ?

17. BakuBaku

Fo'real. Its just jokes. They arent 'trying' to offend anyone or a race. They are just foolin around makin a dumb TV show. If ya didnt like it im sure some people did think it was funny.

18. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    That was cute. The daughter was hot. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif The mom made laugh the most though.

I have a few friends that can act like this. Its part of urban culture. Its' no longer a "black" thing. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

I was most shocked by the cast speaking good english.

19. ReCharredSigh

the mom and the dad are hilarious.

btw, even though i thought this clip was funny, there are 2 setbacks to this:

1)it's only funny if you consider the use of the word "nigga" funny in the context that they were using it...japanese people trying to act black, and
    2)this would never make it to a sitcom...could you imagine an entire season of shows where the funniest thing are people who just say "nigga"?

yeah, i had indian classmates who once talked to each other like this...looked funny as heck.

20. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Actually, the plans for the sitcom was to use a different racial stereotype every other episode