1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

tony's VF5 vids (online&offline)

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by tonyfamilia, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

It's much better now Tony~~

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    DUDE! WTF?! Can't see Brad anymore! XD Emoticon.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Thanks, better now, and I can still see well over dozen Brads [​IMG]

4. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dennis, I WANT to get punished for my abare so here's some of my (and most Brad players) patterns:

If you block the following moves I will [2][P] or [P] 95% of the time (it tends to confuse opponents that they can't attack me first and I usually get score a CH)

Slip towards Brad's stomach [K] -1
    Phase Turn [K] -1
    [1][K][K] the second [K] is high and -5
    [P]+[K] -3
    [8][P]+[K] -1
    Ducking [K] -3
    Slip towards Brad's back [P] -4
    Phasing Turn [P] +3

A lot of Brad players who rely on DMP+K as a means of survival tend to do it after these moves so beware:

[2][K]+[G] normal hit -4 OR [1][P] normal hit -6 -> DMP+K
    [3][K] normal hit 0 -> DMP+K
    [6][6][P]+[K][8][2][P] -4 -> DMP+K

I'm not a fan of DMP+K but I have stopped boycotting it (lol) I feel that it's better to use all of your tools at least once during a session... plus it really throws off DMP+K haters and it makes people WANT to use it against you and that's a good thing sometimes since DMP+K is weak specially if your character has a good full circular... unless the lag is Schakal bad, then DMP+K is insane [​IMG]

5. tonyfamilia

6. CJA

CJA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IzunaDrop25
    XBL:
    CJA25
    Goh VS The Weiand's Jeffry 2

Good match. Wish your Brad was more like your Goh,less spam~e

7. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    Goh VS The Weiand's Jeffry 2 - 0:51 omg hitbox!

8. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Awesome Tony! I am early in the process of revamping my Lau, btw!

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Best 6k ever [​IMG]

10. tonyfamilia

Lol, it's alright, I get him back @1:25 [​IMG]

11. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Those were some awesome match's Tony, some of them I couldn't believe finished time past so fast!

12. tonyfamilia

13. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Shit those matches were fast-paced and high intensity! Was this a first to 10 money match or something?! Denkai looked like he was on crack and Tony your Lau was very impressive, it was surprising seeing you neutralizing him the way you did in some of those rounds, I don't want to screw around with either of you! Bravo guys! [​IMG]

14. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

those matches looked to be sped up past regular speed. i noticed shuns intro spin around looked extra quick to begin with. And then my girlfriend and my roommate both asked if that was the same game i used to always play, because it looked faster. They both thought it was vf5R....*facepalm* they've never played a single game of vf5, but i've talked about it enough they asked "is that vf5 Revolution, or R or whatever?"

15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

It sounds interesting that your gf was actually wondering the game u played. My gf doesn't realize why two guys grab each other is fun on the screen and feel I'm an idiot when VF is on....

16. tonyfamilia

As some of you may or may not know I am retired from VF but I put up a few remaining fights that I had saved on my laptop cuz they looked fun.

Brad VS Denkai's Lau
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvGzn-kilkQ

Mista Tee's Sarah VS Goh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEzjY-rPvw

Mista Tee's Sarah VS Goh 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNL1DK7DKYY

Tha Feaucha's Akira VS Brad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6FYjqGi8o

I hope you guys enjoy these fights and pick up whatever you can from them. It is possible to learn from watching my abare, American style by looking at all of the things that I did wrong (take notes, there's a lot lol) and learning from my and my opponent's mistakes.

If you see a setup that you like but you think that it would work better in a different scenario or if you switch out X for Z, then steal it and use it.
    It's best to freestyle and not have setups or flowcharts but to just go with the flow of the fight but sometimes it's good to pull out one of those tricky setups that you either learned or came up with. The good things about most setups in VF is that you can always alternate and switch them up by alternating attacks with throws, mids with lows, etc.

Anyway, I hope you guys at least have fun watching the last of my vids and I must give all of you a heads up:
    I will be deleting all of my VF vids from my youtube page eventually.
    I've already started to delete most of my old vids. I will delete about 10 vids per week, maybe more. Starting from the oldest to the newest.

I don't know what I'm going to use my youtube page for but I don't want to make another one and I don't think my vids are good enough or relevant enough to matter after a while. They're just there for entertainment purposes and I think most of them have done their jobs.
    Take care fam, see you around on VFDC.

17. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Fourth round @1:40 akira's subaki ducks Brad's [6] [P] [+] [K] ...and that's just the start.

18. tonyfamilia

19. tonyfamilia

20. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

It makes me happy to see people still keep the love for this game. Good stuff Tony.