1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Brad Moves

Discussion in 'Brad' started by oreopride, Nov 1, 2007.

1. oreopride

oreopride Member

I recently became a Brad fan and was wondering if we could compile a top 10 list of best moves. I'm pretty noob with this character so if you don't like something then don't lose your cool over it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Now, onto the point (These are not in a particular order):

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif I won't list since it's everybody's awesome move. Ditto on the 0-frame throws from ducking since they'd take up all 10.

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - Next to Vanessa and Goh I'd say this is the best sidekick in the game. Great at that medium-long distance.

2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - I'm becoming a fan of this attack due to the options out of it. Train people to see /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and then go /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (throw).

3. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - This is my main throw since it's easy to buffer into while ducking, the dmg, and if people start escaping it then you start using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + [K /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

4. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - A good high-mid to use when pressing people.

5. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - If you believe someone is going to press you with a high then this is a great move to stuff them. Akira players should get use to this.

6. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - The primary juggle starter. In fact, I'd say this starts my juggles 60% of the time. Mix in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and end in a throw to keep them guessing.

7. Phasing Turn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - I treat this like a OM that does more damage and leads to a knockdown. The attack is not meant to be spammed but should be used to make the opponent start using their full circulars. If I can get 2 of these on Akira/Jacky users then I feel a whole lot better.

8. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - You thought I forgot? Another attack used to pressure people and keep them on the defense. One of my most spammed moves when I'm in close range with people.

9. Slipping left /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - Of all the slipping attacks I believe this is the one I fall back on the most. Like most of Brad's attacks it isn't spammable but it works great in the right situation. In this case, when I pressure someone I like to Phasing Turn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and then, expecting a counter mid/high on block, Slip left and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

10. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to use this move to punish tech-rollers like I use to. However, it's still a great way to punish an incoming opponent or someone who has gone back turned at a long range (Pai comes to mind)

Again, not perfect, but just my little list. What do you guys use?

2. driftsilencer

driftsilencer Well-Known Member

I feel that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif should be somewhere on the list. You can use it as a 14frame punisher with the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif followup , or go into his slipping/ducking options.

Also I think a noteworthy mention is the Sawk Klab ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, also at 14 frames execution), which can be very damaging punisher against whiffs.

I agree with the sidekick being one of the best, and it can transition to a hit-throw upon counterhit.

For /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif counter-hit, you can go for a pounce if they don't techroll.

3. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

I would question the inclusion of Phasing Turn > Face Crush Knee (Phasing Turn/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif). While the special High hit is a major punishing perk, I would still go for the flicker jab > ducking options, or a less predictable mid-hit with the Double Crusher (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) > ducking options. It seems to me that any stance motion with Brad, the main emphasis is unpredictability. I would say that many players familiar with Brad's tactics would tend to block high. Mainly I would argue with Phasing Turn moves being included in general, as the motion is highly telegraphed. Strategically effective, but maybe not fundamentally.

And while I don't use them as often as I should, Knee Upper (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) has to be near the top, and I would argue that Rising Upper (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif) especially after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif should be somewhere on there. Both offer combo possibilities on counter, neutral on regular hit (-2 frams on Knee Upper), and acceptable risk on block (-8).

4. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

In no particular order;

1) ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (awesome CH, awesome vs crouchers, -3 guard)
    2) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (fuzzyable, range)
    3) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) (one of the best PK's in the game)
    4) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (fuzzyable, clinch is high dmg now often)
    5) SL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (adv guard, clinch all hits, PK on CH)
    6) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (17f highdmg vs 2p MC, semicirkular, fuzzyable)
    7) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (Has to be there, staple)
    8) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (great 16f damagegiver vs crouch, non counterable now in VF5)
    9) SR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (-1 on guard)
    10) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

5. Frostycyke

Frostycyke Member

I just started playing Brad and these are the moves I use the most. Please inform me if most of them are useless.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- I use this to go into his stances alot, or the follow-up /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- semi-circular, has a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.giffollow-up and once again, I can go into his stances.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- My favorite poke. Does anyone know just how fast it is? Cuz it seems like I stop alot of things.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- another long range keep away tool.

SR/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- A great way to get a nice combo even on normal hit.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- I use this whenever I get a crumble, nice damage and very fast.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif- a good launcher of CH.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Another of my favorite launcher, I love to crouch dash under highs first.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- Low sweep, stops evaders and can knockdown.

PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- An evasive low.

6. caliagent3

caliagent3 Member

OK, here's what i've been using (in no particular order)

1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif mid that leads into stances
    3. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Really good move, though i abuse a little too much since it's so good lol. Good launcher and if timed right really pays off if you interrupt someone doing a wake up kick.
    4. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif punish and sets up some nice stuff on walls
    5. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    6. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif good poke
    7. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    8. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Really good for punishing things, lots of combo opportunities afterwards
    9. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Launcher off of a CD
    10. ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

7. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

It can't be techroll.

8. MysticBoudha

MysticBoudha Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the information but i didn't see some moves that i tought would be there.

(SL) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif This kick offers massive damage ( clinch possible on normal hit and +12 frame advantage on MC ) It has a slow startup but puts you in a really good position even on normal hit and its from SL so it goes under highs and is half circular.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif 17 frames of execution , covers a lot of range and brings you into stance with advantage on hit.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Really great range. Extremely fast startup for the range and really good advantage on hit. If you can pull this really fast it is a wonderful weapon.

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, 114K definatly needs to be up there. In FT you could basicly live of this move and you still can if you want to be a boring Brad.

10. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

What about /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif? Fast mid, both hits guaranteed if the 1st connects you can hit check before using the follow up and it has long range.

Another one is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. I think the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is guaranteed if the 1st part connects and it leaves you at a large advantage on any hit. +9 for a CH.

11. Soccaprodi

Soccaprodi Member

Bumping this for my next Brad training session (hopefully later tonight) it looks awesome.