1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 current VF players outside of Japan

Discussion in 'General' started by tonyfamilia, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

How come no one mention this guy "Dai Bison"? One of the best Akira player I've played with.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I really liked MasterPo's idea of there being centralized locations for who we think are good players by region. For us XBL fiends, it makes finding good matches a lot easier. Like northeast, southwest USA for example, since a bulk of players are in these regions. I would surely like to see that list.

3. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

I'm like F level now.

At least I'm not fat anymore though.

4. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

What are these online habits? I reckon I may fall victim to them.

Also, who's Bob already??

5. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
  6. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I didn't go to Holland so I guess I never read the thread all the way through.

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

[​IMG]

8. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Pfff...Krye is a scrub, he's D rank at best. [​IMG]

Not sure what is this hyperspotting, but I will probably be in a future euro / gathering tournament offline for VF5FS, if you guys make one in 2013. I will kick all your ass, and there will be no "Aoi is god tier online" excuse for you. [​IMG]

9. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    OOps, I forgot the subject of the topic.. so based on online play, my personal EU ranking list would be, I would say:

A++:
    Ad4m ( stprock ? )
    D1lios ( Jide ? )

A+
    Settra ( Aidan )
    Marlyjay

A-
    Methylidene
    Nedrik
    Nybec
    Kahn Rahn
    Pompeyfraz
    ShinjukuATM
    Shintokio

B+
    Seidon
    BorisOfwales
    Infamous Geezer
    Beligerent Feck
    Leonard UK
    PKGMLC
    UKRayne
    ZEExtremeKid
    Blossy1000
    Soulkatana
    Hazzerone
    Mistersicstinai
    others I may forget

D:
    KryeNL [​IMG]

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  10. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I don't want to interfere with how you guys rank your UK players, but I think Blossy should be at least an A-. I've seen more growth from him in the past few months than I've seen from a lot of people in 2-3 years. He just needs to throw more, mix them up well and not rely on Sarah's back flip as his only option to create space from his opponent while he resets his offense.

11. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

TRUUUUUUE DAT!!!

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    How do you not know who Bob is? [​IMG]

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/users/7355

He won the 2009 Euro Amsterdam tournament: http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/250898/15

Ez Ez. </div></div>

Also the WCG Swedish rep in both VF and tekken several years. He was just now in Busan at wcg 2011 grand final, I saw him in the finals stream.

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthrea...mste#Post261750

13. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

That Boy Bob Gotsome shit.....

14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    When i met him. Bob looked a lot like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I second that. But however, he's still learning the game IMO.
    There are plenty of stuffs he still doesn't use or know ( like delayed moves, how to punish evade, how to step or backdash, and how to punish characters unsafe moves, and others advanced techniques )so I can't put him in A... for the moment.

16. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I played Blossy not too long ago and I gave msg'ed him that same advice. Throw more and he would be a lot harder to deal with. I will refrain from giving him a rating though seeing as how lag plays a strong issue with me and EU players but as an up and coming player I think his offensive is really good minus the fact that he should throw more.

17. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    @Jeneric: Respect!

@Kingo: Come to Scotland in March!

18. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you think I'm improving Rodnutz, I really try to. What Kingo says is true though, there are still many holes in my game. The things he mentioned are stuff that's on my list of things to work on eventually, but there's still more basic stuff I have to improve on as well. Also my lack of experience really shows sometimes when people play in ways I'm not used to or have a hard time dealing with. Lack of variety in competition online doesn't help either... [​IMG]

19. smince82

smince82 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    wyliewood
    XBL:
    xsmincex
    i agree whan i 1st started playing online blossy was a regular and at 1st he would whop my ass then i learned his pattens like the other guy said always backfliping to get away and when i had low hp he would alwasy run at me with his knee and always attacked from techroll, however i got cut off for 3 month since i,ve got back on and played him he,s completely changed his game.keep it up m8

20. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    Kingo, it may be nonsense to discuss your personal opinion, but im curious about your B+ rating.
    I can see that your put together people Seidon, Rayne and Boris with Soulkatana, and you judged ShinjukuATM even higher than the first 3.
    I dont want to make people bad, but Seidon, Boris and Rayne are certainly at a higher level than Shinjuku.
    Shinjuku has a solid Lei, but most of the advanced skills you mentioned that blossy misses (delayed moves, stepping etc.) also miss in Shinjukus arsenal. Thats not the case with the other 3 (And some others from the B-block).
    So, why do you have such a "low" opinion of them, or better, why is your opinion of Shinjuku so high?