1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Moves?

Discussion in 'Goh' started by SygBoss, Jun 6, 2012.

1. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    It's so slow you really can't punish it with anything. You can't even punish Jacky's flip kick with it, it's just to slow and not worth the damage.

2. Zero_Shift

Zero_Shift New Member

Is Basara ([P]+[K]+[G]) worth using? Sure, it's a pretty stylish move on the rare occasion I land it but it doesn't seem terribly practical since a good chunk of Goh's combo starters seem faster and result in comparable if not superior damage.

I guess I have trouble seeing why I should try to land a Basara when I could try to land a counter hit [6][K] or a launcher instead.

3. Grabczas

Grabczas Well-Known Member

Maybe if you think that opponent will try to throw you then you can try go to basara. You will end up in tsukami or chunking part of opponent life, but still you can go for 6K CH as well [​IMG]

4. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Truth is, I dont even really use that move. EVER. I could possibly maybe see using it to punish someone if you want to get them behind you cause maybe you against the wall or something. Other than that I've found no use for it yet.

5. Lodrak

Lodrak New Member

Actually you can very easily punish WHIFFED somersault/flip kicks with it, I'll have to start doing that for maximum damage... but yeah it's too slow on block. I think it's pretty much solely for big whiff punishes outside of gimmicky setups or something.

I was actually going to ask about Basara too, I can't think of any situation in which that would be my best option. Doesn't really seem like it has a purpose, unfortunately... except for what Grabczas said I guess, if you're confident enough in your timing to actually go for the Tsukamigaeshi throw sabaki (2 frame window :/), then if you mess up the timing and hit it too EARLY, then basara will come out and bust through the throw for decent damage. I guess it's better than having nothing for that command.

6. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Well, if you look at the forum on his Option select you can see he does have options for that.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    In vanilla I used Basara after LPC or after a wall stagger. Other times I do it seldomly just for kicks.

In FS, to use it as an anti- throw with throw sabaki os I'm not sure you can buffer the rest of the combo. Its probably better to use the tsukami option select in -10 situations.

8. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

it sobers 2 points so use it against shun

anyways it's rarely the optimal move to but that's no reason to completely eliminate it from your game. if I like a move and it's not a bad move I'll throw it in from time to time.

9. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

I actually use Basara more in FS than ever before.

10. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Here goes my CURRENT top 10 moves:

1) 33+P

So good off a crouch dash. Can input P really late so you can surprise them if they think you're just gonna dash.

2) 2_6+PK

Stagger is great way to attempt P, K backturn mixups.

3) P, K > backturn

Still a great mixup. You can P, K > backturn again from here at 11f, side turn w/ P+K or 2+P and low throw on CH.

4) 46+P

Fast and gives good combo damage for 14f move.

5) 9+PK

Great way to deal w/ low punchers when you learn their pattern and predict onee; jump over it w/ this move. They land face-down, head-towards so you can hit them with a K or 2_6+PK and then go for a ground throw if they lay there, or try to low throw, or half-circ mid, their tech roll (they HAVE to crouch on a face-down, head-towards tech.)

6) K
    Good all-around move.

7) 46+PK

Pretty good mixup, first two hits combo and super-delayable. All the ending options have merit, you get +2 or face-down, head towards, and maybe a guaranteed K. Mid knocks down and seems to hit a lot of people for some reason. You also have Tsukami which is always good.

8) 4+PK

Pretty good move, deceptive range, charged gives crumple or the exact same stagger as 2_6+PK (from what I can tell.)

9) 6+K
    Good range, BIG damge potential.

10) 3+PK

Great mid-range move. Great from max range, it's like a wall that swallows most moves (fully-charged 4+PK is also like wall from the right range; if they stick ANY move out, charged 4+PK eats it.) Gives a good combo on hit.

To be continued...

11. TSF

TSF Active Member

No one has love for [6][6][P]? I started using it more and the move is really good.

12. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

yea i've been using it more too. if it hits on CH you get +9 and because they're sideturned they cannot block your 12 fr jab, so you get PK4 which leaves you at +7 from sidesturned.

minor dmg that gives you a good situation afterwards.

they can duck the jab though which opens them up for mids.

13. Gernburgs

Actually I was gonba put 66+P in an honorable mention section but my lunch break ended before I got to it.

Like you guys, I've really JUST started using it, so I didn't have any good setups or info so I passed on it. It definitely has potential, especially against that face down, head towards tech.

I've noticed, as little rule of thumb, that all of Goh's half circular kick moves guard his stomach while the punch ones seem to guard his back.

14. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

what's so special about that knockdown position. with the removal of back stagger it seems that they can always just guard or no?

15. Gernburgs

From that position they have to go through crouching frames. That was the reason they couldn't block the OMP that lead to the back stagger. So you can attack them during that crouching portion of the face down, head towards tech with a low throw or a mid. The timing is tiight but you get a guarteed low throw attempt.

16. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    236P+K is also a great move guys, It's a guard break that leaves you enough time to get P,K on them. Also to throw off any Fuzzy Guards too since it's so slow.

17. TSF

TSF Active Member

Sometimes if I get a CH and I know the opponent will guard standing, I go for the headbutt or a fully charged [4][P]+[K]. Headbutt gives you +15 on sideturn so unless they evade, [3][P]+[K] is guaranteed I think; nice combo afterwards too. Fully charged [4][P]+[K] is just here to fuck with people's minds plus you can always let go of it to catch a delayed [2][P] or something else.

18. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

they can block through right?

about low throws, you can also get guaranteed low throws off of techrolls from other positions. for example, if you finish your combo with 46p+kpp you just have to dash and low throw right away and you'll catch them whether they roll to the front or back. and if they don't tech they have to eat a light downattack or guess a ground throw escape.

19. Gernburgs

No, they cannot block because:

1) It's a forced crouch so they cannot immediately block standing. Therefore they cannot block a mid or a low throw because they're crouching.

2) As long as you execute your move during the forced crouch frames, they can't block it.

20. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

oh wow, i did not realize that.
    i thought they removed that.

edit: yea i think they removed that man. im pretty sure they can block even from that knockdown position.