1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Moves?

Discussion in 'Goh' started by SygBoss, Jun 6, 2012.

1. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I pretty much agree to this list (though I'm using 46P+K quite a lot even outside of combos), for the last one you're right it's hard to decide but I would choose 66P+G.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I don't like it much with the 2nd hit being a high. Then again I do sometimes use it near walls. 6P ender gives shoulder for 38 dmg next to a wall and on CH it gives a splat for a proper combo, so it can be a bit more scary in that situation. Besides a lot of people aren't capitalizing on the second hit being high.

3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    3KP and 3PP are hit confirmable on normal, non-crouch and CH hits too, or is it just me? :ninja:

66P is probably way better than most people seem to think, you see japanese Gohs throwing this move out quite often. Afterall in addition to being fuzzy safe it instantly sets up advanced ST game since it's half circular and on CH gives you pretty good frames to play around with, and the risk of eating a second CH 66P into back throw for ludicrous damage keeps the opponent soundly in place.

46P+KP as a poke is a terrible idea, although if your opposition is slow on their duck punish you can try to yomi it out by not delaying the final hit for a CH.

66P+G I wouldn't agree on top 10 material, I never seem to have any luck with this move with people evade canceling all the time, and it's -10 on guard.

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

3K,P is hitconfirmable on normal.

3PP on normal the confirmation window on normal is really small. Would be my favorite move in the game if I could confirm it on normal hit. Can you do it consistently in dojo if you have guard or normal hit on? Not saying it impossible but really hard at least.

5. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    46P+K is fuzzy safe on block and you can watch the reaction to go for low throw or low sabaki if they duck, and 46P+K P is NC.
    It seems legit as a poke ( at least to me ^^).

Sozos likes this.
  6. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

46P+K is legit online because it's almost impossible to duck/lowP the second hit on reaction and hard as hell to interrupt the catch throw with PK even with a good connection.
    Offline it's less abusable but still has uses on side turned iirc.

MarlyJay likes this.
  7. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I was talking about the 46P+K only, about beeing not able to duck must be frustrating but Goh's has frames disadvantage even on hit so I didn't think it was hard.
    If you're expecting the catch throw throwing Goh works I think.

8. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Yea i would say its impossible to react correctly against 46P+K. i cant duck the following on reaction only if i know its coming.

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

The - on hit doesn't mean anything cause it's a string, the next move cancels the recovery of the move before. You cannot extract the first move look at its frames on hit/block and assume how it will work etc.

Same thing happens for me against Kage 3KPP string. Sometimes it's almost impossible to low P the second hit, making the first two hits a jail on guard string with a mixup at the end...:p

10. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I've always found it funny how a player's skill, or lack thereof, is proportional to how good a move/string is.

11. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    What and who are you talking about ? Still on 46P+K ?

12. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    3K throw is the best strat, if that's the case.