1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Deepest Fighting Games Eva Made

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jun 19, 2021.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    This list is restricted to 3D Fighting Games. I don't play 2D (Except Mortal Kombat). I've extensively played all of the 3D fighting games across all genres (e.g. Arcade, Combat Simulation, RPG, etc). This list represents the 5 games (in no particular order) with the deepest fighting mechanics) The games on this list could literally take years to master. Most are easy to play, but require a great deal of study, devotion and practice to master. While obviously this is my opinion, it does represent over 2 decades of playing and comparing 3D Fighting games

• THQ's UFC and EA Sports UFC Fighting Games
    • The Virtua Fighter Series
    • Kengo "Master of Bushido" *
    • Absolver *
    • Soul Calibur Series

* These games have advanced move list custom design mechanisms that are extremely deep

Clearly there are lots of other very good 3D fighting games across all the genres that did not make my top 5 that are also deep. e.g. Tekken, DOA, Fight For New York, Urban Reign, Yakuza, Sleeping Dogs, Judgment, Fight Night, etc. The 5 in my list represent the progenitors in their respective genres and IMO they do it the best and the deepest. If you are truly into 3D FG mechanics and you want to experience the very best and the very deepest that the 3D FG has to offer, I strongly recommend this playist. It really could take years to truly master any one of these games, but to master them all, well......:rolleyes:

If I had to pick the deepest out of my top 5 I would be torn between the UFC games and Absolver. Primarily because these games are pretty intense combat simulators, and I have a bias for realistic combat simulators.;)

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Nice list.
    Yeah, Soul Calibur definitely deserves to be up there.

Absolver? That sounds familiar.o_O

masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    The combat deck for Absolver is an incredible innovation in FG. It makes the game incredibly deep. Absolver is made by the same folks who are making SIFU. Here is some gameplay from Absolver and Sifu