1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top Pai Moves

Discussion in 'Pai' started by shadowmaster, Mar 14, 2008.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Since not much is happening with the pai thread I will ask the better pai players what good moves they like doing the most so the other pai players that aren't as good as you have an easy reference to use from us personally. I hope this helps to revive the pai thread again.

I would like to see this thread taken seriously as well and I would like to see the random comments reduced as much as possible please.

2. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    my favorite,
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    fast, mid, & long range
    has a follow up kick that likes to track
    n relatively safe

3. shadthefuture

shadthefuture Active Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (also performed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif)
    it floats on counter hit and can lead to big damage, and is pretty easy to pull off( shouldnt every pai player know this move?)

her bokutai stance is great, as you have alot of variety in what you can do from it,
    in fact,sometimes i like low sweep a few times from bokutai, and if i catch my opponent committing to low blocking my sweeps, i hit him with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, which staggers him, from there, you can use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to float him from the stagger, if your fast enough with your inputs, and get big damage out of it

4. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Here is one of the many move a rarely ever see a few pai players do that looks real cool when it connects. do a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, (charged) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and cancel it with pai facing away from the enemy by pressing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif as you charge it . She will have her backturned moves available right away allowing for more variety. There is also a variant version where she is ducking after canceling the charged kick (press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif instead of pressing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif while charging a creative pai can charge a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif etc immediately afterwards seeing that so few people actually try to use it.

These fakes are at their best when the enemy expects the fully charged kick and suddenly sees you faking it something else leaves them open slightly that is the window to strike. The standard fake /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif while charging the kick is good too but to have the option to be in a ducking or backturned position right away can have their advantages just remember this simple rule, don't abuse it will leave pai wide open to immediate counter attacks if they know what you are doing, that is why you target people that expect the fully charged kick instead. It also makes it safer knowing that if the enemy does sidestep or blocks you can cancel it at anytime. You may just get a normal standing throw in if you do the standard fake with the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif button if you are lucky enough.

5. shadthefuture

^^^

i had no idea you could leave you self backturned from that, ill experiment with that next time i play
    the other move you described i actually use sometimes, it throws off the higher ranked players a little, and you can also use her crouch throw right after, but /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif does have more damage potential

another move is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif it has sabaki (deflect) properties, so its good against those who continuously use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif strings, or someone who like to open with a quick high attack, good move against begginers and some intermidiate opponents, but it loses some usefulness on higher ranked opponents who mix it up, but it still retains its usefulness as an opening move against agressive opponents

6. Naudin3D

Naudin3D Well-Known Member

This is Pai's most hated and scrub friendly move everyone even a hardcore Pai user myself hate. I once got yelled for winning a match whoreing the move out. It's the dreaded /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif! I think it's one of her best moves to eleviate pressure. It's natural combo on CH cmon. How ever a wise VF player will make you pay for spammin it. But it really stops traffic when you need to get somewhere.

7. Naudin3D

Another move I see many Pai's neglect is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif I use it all the time since the VF4 days. It really helps me build pressure on my opponents and stop pressure as well. I alo buffer the from either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or a standing jab.

8. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    But it too has its uses I tend to fall in love with this move too much but I found other ways to use it that are somewhat skillful. The person that always expects the second high k are often shocked when they see me do the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif or rising moves after the first kick hit or miss and it really confuses people especially if you spam /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif so much that the person gets tired of it and decided to punish you after second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif only to have me do the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif instead. I also find it as a very effective substitute for the jab as well when I don't feel like jabbing, if I use it in this function I will only do the first kick, I might even do a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif combination as well since they are very fast and relatively safe as long as you don't do the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif too much

The same could be said for using the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif or rising moves moves as pai come out of her special low stance since not many pai players actually do this but it can be very effective.

9. Naudin3D

This is a great thread being that my LIVE account expired and I need to chill with online play for a while to focus on school. So this is a great time to bring my character back to the lab for more testing. A move I tend to neglect is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif How good is this move?

10. shadthefuture

ive toyed around with that move in dojo lately, and its a decent move when in a walled arena,the recovery after the attack is pretty good,but its hard to get it to hit consistently because of the long animation, people usually see it coming, but if you get a opponent near a wall, and you got a little distance between you, dash in like you gonna attack, then guickly back dash,then press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifwith a slight delay after the back dash, hopefully you can get your opponent to whiff, then when they hit the wall you can get massive damage off it if you know how to follow it up, you can also use this to get ring outs,since it pushes the opponent back quite a ways but this and other set ups i use to get this move to hit arent too reliable, at least against the game a.i.,and theres better moves to get people on the walls, i havent tried it online, cuz i had my live account expire too, so maybe it works better against human opponents,it just depends on if you can consistently hit with it

damn, i just typed one big run-on sentence

11. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    If you hit with the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif while on an enemy's side or back it will cause a them to crumple forward slowly allowing pai to do her bounce combos etc while they are slow to recover. This is hard to land in this function because the human player will block right away losing its crumpling effect as they look right at you directly. It is a good move use when you want to blow the enemy back in a way where they can't automatically throw afterwards giving you time to recover for a split second.

Another cool throw I saw a few Pais do recently that really intrigued me was her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif on a counter hit this throw becomes very deadly causing a crumple if you hit them while they are turned around by the throw or you could just dash in and throw them again since they will very likely be blocking right away. I was the victim of this a few times and I was shocked because no pai I know of really uses her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif a lot. I do alittle but not as much as I feel I should.

12. Naudin3D

If were talkin walls /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for solid 63 on normal hit and a whopping 78 on CH. I have so much experience with fighting games and to my conclusion practice mode can be your best friend. Ive be in practice mode for hours be it SC, SF, Tekken, even don't laugh ppl MKA. OK i'm embarrased now.

13. shadthefuture

yea it does cause crumple on the side, but im very rarely in a situation where i can use it, her OM kick can crumple on counter hit if you get to the opponents side though and you can get a bounce combo of it, but that leaves you really vunerable, i still use it sometimes though

and im a little mad people found out the use for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,i found out how to get good damage off of it a few days ago, i thought i was being innovative, apparently not :(, but yea, if you use it, follow it up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif immediatley, and you can get a side crumple, but ONLY on counter hit, its actually pretty easily defensed, all you gotta do is block after the throw, nothing will hit in time, its meant for guys who a little more aggressive, but you can fuzzy after it, since it leaves you at -6

14. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    omg pai is about as deadly as jeffry is when near a wall
    i just dont understand it

15. Naudin3D

Oh yeah and thats the beauty of VF everybody hurts in there own special way. I heard Jeff was not as good as Pai but then why does Jeff make me angry at times when someones competant. But I will say Pai's rush down is pretty sick

16. shadthefuture

why did pai players decide to start posting at 4am when the forum has been dead for so long, insomnia gettin the best of you guys?

17. shadthefuture

that combo i posted above, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, followed by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, no one do it, just tested it in dojo with the computer on level 5, rarely works at all,the computer just dashes back, just follow it up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, i gotta test stuff more a little more before i start making 4 paragraph posts about it

18. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    lol@ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    whats it supposed to make em do, fall?

19. shadthefuture

retarted, i know,but go to dojo, set reaction to counter hit, do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,you'll see the effects is more akin to a crumple,but not really, i cant really describe it though, thats why you should see for yourself,you can follow it up with/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and a bounce combo for good damage
    but the problem with it is it misses on normal hit completely, i found this combo an hour ago, and 20 minutes ago i found out its useless in a match

20. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    i doubt its useless... wanna play me n find out?