1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Topic Discussion>>: Akira's knee

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Dec 18, 2001.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well, this is could turn into a nice little disscussion about akira'a famous knee move if successful (random topic)

knee>> (counter hit) d+p, DLC (vf3-4)
    knee>>,knee>>b,f,f+p+k

the G button while bash+hold K

which helped make akira stand out to be the hardest character to master in the game!, good use of this move surprisingly showed
    dedication and commitment to a hard-working Akira trainer, it was easy for some, but hard for others!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    what are your true thought's on this surprisingly hard-to-pull-off
    attack? have YOU mastered it? (i sure have) perhaps give your stratergy....

is it even worth it?
    -----------------------------------------------------------

disscuss away...(^_^) what were your best moments with it?

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

i heard from some players that akira's knee was just a glitch in vf1 cuz it was only meant for the other characters(jacky,sarah, etc)..... ok now here's a couple of combos (very easy!) for the knee in vf4 which can do as much damage as a floating DLC or even more.

knee, p, f,f,k,k
    knee, p, d+p, doublepalm
    knee, p, AS3

is the knee worth it???????????
    it is if you can pull it off anytime you want... it's faster than a yoho uppercut and not as predictable as a shoulder ram but floats like a shoulder ram and yoho.... very good against a lot of low p happy challengers... and if you can pull it off 100% of the time then it's worth it.... not worth it if you can't do it all the tiime cuz it's just risky.

my strategy? same thing i bash my hand down and ricochet my first finger up while my ring finger holds on to the k. don't ask me why i do it this way it's just easier for me.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

/me bodycrosses yupa. p,p, dlc.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i use it alot nowadays, it's best using it during a CD because there's more chance of a counter hit..

in VF3, it was always a key move for bouncing TAKA and a great launch which is fast and powerful, i have yet to use it in VF4