1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto: Monday Night Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MadeManG74, Feb 23, 2015.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

While we've posted this in another thread, I figure the scene here deserves it's own thread now.

Toronto has regular Virtua Fighter meets on Monday nights at A&C Games located at
    452 Spadina Avenue
    Toronto, ON M5T 2G8

Monday Nights until 9PM
    BYO Controller
    Consoles & Game usually provided
    $5 entry fee for the venue.

There is no set time, but we're usually there until closing at 9PM, and will always have at least one setup available for VF. The scene has been consistently growing over the past year and we welcome players of all skill levels, because we just love playing this game!

When we have enough people we'll often run a round robin or tournament for fun. Once a month we have Northern Battles tournament series, where Virtua Fighter is usually featured and pulls a good turnout!

og23 likes this.
  2. MadeManG74

Reminder to anyone who's in Toronto or surrounding areas, Northern Battles is this Sunday and Virtua Fighter is being featured!

Come one, come all!

3. MadeManG74

Little tournament coming up this Sunday, and then the regular Monday Night VF the next day!

We also would like to start implementing MONDAY NIGHT WARS, big teams of VF facing off against each other elimination stylee!

4. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

^^^^ AKA We wish we were beat tribe mondays. It's fucking hype though, so we will continue to do it. If you live in Toronto, come out to A&C games! I don't even fucking care if you play VF, just come

MadeManG74 likes this.
  5. MadeManG74

6. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    when do you head to AU? I'm thinking I'll try to attend some Monday after I return to buffalo.

7. MadeManG74

September 8th or 9th is when I leave North America to return to Prison Colony Island.

8. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'll be back in Buffalo Aug 30th, so I'll try to make it to either the 31st for a Monday meeting or maybe the following weekend.

9. MadeManG74

Monday night and we are continuing the VF ranking tournaments!
    We have leaderboards and everything, each monday we'll be competing and hopefully get some stream time!

Here's the first streamed Monday night Tournament (well most of it):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI9Ey4RFvRc

Anyone know how I go about adding to the VFDC's media vault?

10. MadeManG74

11. vifi

vifi Member

Hi Torontonians!

Is the VF meets in Toronto still alive? It's a shame covid-19 is a big hurdle for any gathering at the moment. I'm an avid VF player since VF1!

My Xbox ID: steinway sons

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  12. MadeManG74

Hey mate,they were very active when I was living there, but not sure what the current situation is. There are still a number of people in Toronto who play or used to play. I'm assuming that the regular meetups for FGC will resume after COVID is slowing down, hopefully you can join them for some VF then?

Keep in touch here and we'll update you and find some players for you to play with :)

13. vifi

vifi Member

Thanks for your comment dude! It's a shame you are no more in Toronto! Hopefully, I can meet and join the VF community here soon. I look forward to your next update. Thank you so much!

And let's hope that Sega's 60th-anniversary hype is something about VF!!!

Xbox ID: steinway sons

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  14. MadeManG74

15. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    I hope you're all getting vaccinated damnit.