1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TORONTO VF4 TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Llanfair, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

WHEN:
    Sunday December 16, 2001. Tournament to start in the afternoon, around 12:30 pm.

WHERE:
    Enter La arcade in Metro Square plaza. Located on the north side of Steeles, East of the 404 at around Warden.

WHO:
    Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate. This will be a great way to not only improve your game but have fun and meet other VFers! :)

COST:
    Tentatively set at $10 entrance fee. The machine will be on free play for the tournament - your entrance fee will cover the cost of your games. Machine is Versus City cabinet - great sticks.

FORMAT:
    1. Round robin, Iron Man. This form of round robin is conducted in the following way. One person from a group will sit down and then consecutively fight every other person in their respective group.
    2. Double Elimination. Standard Winner/Loser bracket breakdown. Must lose twice to be out.

I have heard from a number of people already, however, I know there are others out there. If you would like to participate PLEASE EMAIL ME, OR REPLY TO THIS POST to let me know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 16th! It's going to be a great day of VF!

cheers,

2. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Hm, I don't quite understand the format that you're using for the tournament. Are you using the results of the Round Robin to seed the Double Elim tournament, or is the RR to determine who will be in the Double Elim and who won't be?

Also, what other games will be available for playing at the arcade?

Anyways, thanks for the update Llanfair, please check your private messages :)

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

The RR is used to seed the Double Elim. Everyone makes it to the double elim for this tourney. :)

Other games there? Hmm...well, there's a bunch of capcoms from what I remember. There's a pool table, a foosball table, and some of those import japanese games that dish out prizes, etc. There's also some shooting games and DDR, etc. Pretty much the full real deal.

cheers,