1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto's first VF4 bash

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Llanfair, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Yesterday proved to be a great time. There were some of us out during the day, and then more later on last night. It's great to see people coming out of the woodwork for VF4.

Thanks to No.4 (AfroNo4) for divulging the location of the machine. It was great to see him again and he was quick to show his skill with Lau and Akira - proving to be quite a menace. Kbcat's Lion is fierce and Clem is playing Jacky without losing stride; a powerhouse. We won''t even begin to talk about Johnson's Kage and his damn TA-sweep madness! Shortly after No.4 left, Lan showed up after being tipped to the location by Johnson.

So - all in all - a great turn out and just the beginning, I'm sure! We should plan an evening for another bash in the coming week. Those who we know are playing and keen to come so far:

Clem
    No.4
    Johnson
    kbcat
    Llanfair
    Lan

Capercat and Fissure, it would be great for you to come out as well. Drop me a message with some of your contact info, as we get the Toronto list together.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

2. fissure

fissure Member

I use the email thats on my profile here. I will be going to the arcade today most likely at around 2 or 3pm. I was never very good so I hope I can learn a few things from you guys.

3. Llanfair

Fissure - you have no email listed on your profile. :p

cheers,

4. fissure

fissure Member

heh, there is now

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Hey,

I recognized quite a few names from the list. very vague memories as it has been quite some time since the RGVA days.

at least hopefully there will be more discussion on the system and tactics of the game on the board.

6. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

hey, thanks for the invite. nice to know people don't mind total newbies coming out. whenever it is -- *ideally a friday* -- i will try my best to come out ... anyways i've made sure my email is in my profile.

7. Post Man

Post Man Member

I'd like to come as well. My email is anson@home.com . MY first name is Anson. Just let me know when you guys are going and I'll try and make it. I'm a Virtua Noobie. Actually I know alot of noobie's that are very interested in playing Virtua or giving it a good chance. Not your average noobie's either. I hope you guys don't mind if we all come to learn some stuff.

8. Llanfair

The more the merrier.

cheers,

9. MIRACLE~!!

MIRACLE~!! Member

Hi there, I'm a friend of the Post Man and I've played with Capercat several times in the past. We're all recovering Tekken junkies (I was formerly known as Chinky-Eye) who spent the last couple years advancing the Tekken scene in Toronto much the same way as you're trying to with VF (check http://travel.to/torontotekken).

Anyways, since Tekken 4 was grossly disappointing, several of us have decided to make the migration to VF4. It looks like a game that's definitely worth devoting our efforts to. Hopefully we can meet you all in the near future--I'm really happy that there's already a serious fan-base in Toronto. Post Man and Capercat live closer to the Toronto arcades than I do, but I definitely want to check VF4 at least occaisionally. I'd love to come up and learn a thing or two about the game and meet you all. I already like what I see here on this forum....the level of maturity and seriousness is really refreshing.

I have no idea how to play VF, but I have reflexes and timing and an open attitude to learn. Hopefully it's enough to get started on the right foot.

10. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

You guys are more than welcome to play with us anytime. Llany and I also dabble in Tekken -- and from playing both sides (although we're much much more serious about VF) I can say that there are many things in VF4 that will interest Tekken players, and at times we'll feel very much the same.

cheers,
    kbcat

11. capercat

i'm not so close to the toronto arcades though .. which is why i want to ask: what about playdium? being a sega endeavour would that mean they would be in any way predisposed to get in VF4? at the mississauga location they've had every VF to date, if i correctly recall them having 3 ...

anyways some of you seem to understand the workings of the business end more than I do ... is there any chance?

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

kbcat told me they're not doing well financially... Playdium will wait for the domestic release... but they should have it on a high rez screen if they do get it.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

13. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

After a long absence, it is nice to see again that the Toronto scene is again ahead in VF Bash Nites :)

Chia Jin Ngee

14. Llanfair

Actually, Playdium is no longer a Sega held venture. That ended a while ago. As Yupa mentioned, they'll probably get the game eventually, but like everyone else they must by the kits from the Canadian distributor who has yet to receive their orders.

Capercat, you mentioned transit info? To get the sole VF4 machine in the city right now, take the subway to Finch. Get on a York transit bus (Route 1) to Leslie and Hwy7. Commerce Gate plaza is on the south side of Hwy 7.

Everyone is most welcome!

cheers,

15. capercat

hmm so playdium != sega now ... yes i recall vf3 being on a huge screen that hung above the players ...

anyways thanks a LOT for the subway directions ... i guess thats about as far as orbit/pacific mall ... and i've made that transit trip enough times.

16. SOS2

SOS2 Member

Just want to say wuzup everyone, I'm new to the scene but have always known and been buddy's with afew of the elites of VF3tb.

Alittle Intro about me:
    I've been the one who has put the Street Fighter 3 2I and 3rdS scene together in Toronto. Started the first Tournament after SFZ and many others. I'm pretty well known in the SF scene. I work at B&E for afew years now. I use to play VF3tb when I got it at home on DC * one of the first to get the japanese ver* but the funny thing is ... even tho I trainned hardcore for 7 months with Martin H. I wired Akira's combos and afew advanced ones in real gameplay, but still I didn't stand a chance at the Funland. * Thats why I respect VF so much* or even against MH and the VF crew. I knew Fat Joe when he was here in TO, played a few times with him and also was learning from him for abit before he went back to HK (Does anyone know his e.mail add or ICQ # ? I would like to get in touch with the Master.)

By the way, I heard alot about you NO.4 from a good friend thats knows you. (Joe C. aka No_mercy apart of TOSF 3rdS Elite crew and that winner of the recent T2 SF3rdS Tournament *which I helped but on*)

Just want to give a shout out and pay my last respects, to all the SF32I and SF3rdS Elite Crews, all of you have done so well but now it's time for me to move on and start a whole new scene. Thanks for the memories and your skillz will be remembered

Now it's time for me to learn and play the ELITE of all fighting games .... VF4 !!!

17. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Whats up SOS!!! I knew you would be here eventually with your squad. Damn your gonna have the jump on us again! Another week then I'm UCLA bound. Good to see you here bro. I'm gonna try and do my part and make sure these fuckin idiots know whats with vf just like 2I and 3S. Of course its gonna take me a while but, oh well glad you guys have your vf. I've caught my rounds in but, you guys actually have yours. Damn.

Myles

18. SOS2

SOS2 Member

Sorry forgot to add:

My work will have VF4 within' the next 2 weeks and it will be the price between $0.50 and $1.00 (depending on my Boss) running on the big Cabinet
    Hope you guys will enjoy it

LOL, yeah bro it's cool to see you also, but to tell you the turth ... TOSF 3rdS Elites are all "scrubs" compaired to the well known ELITES TOVF players. With all their crazy combos, setups. mind games and also infamous Taiwanese and Koren Steps they have learned .... I'm speechless. You'll just have to see them in action.
    EX: No charge attacks and with 6 to 8 crouch dashs in 1 sec * If i remember correctly when Fat Joe did to me =( *

19. capercat

SOS2 ... where is it that you work? B&E, not sure what that refers to ... brimley and eglinton?

20. SOS2

SOS2 Member

Yes, B&E is Brimely and Eglinton, Video Amusements
    (aka VA)

By the way, Is the Ryerson Virtua Fighter Intrest Club still up and running ? Haven't heard anything about it for the longest time.